Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 1:12:13 PM EDT
Hi everybody, I am asking on behalf of a a friend. He mentioned to me he was looking at prurchasing a Vulcan AR lower but I vaguely remember that someone posted seeinga Bushmaster AR lower with a pinned in mag? If so, can someone post a link or contact info so I can get it to my friend? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 3:19:02 PM EDT by HalfMoon]
"Not Really".

There is a company that takes bushmaster rifles, and for a inflated fee they weld a plate on the bottom of the receiver to seal it up and install a 10 round magazine.

In this regard, it's better to buy a Vulcan or FAB10 lower. The site is www.cabushmaster.com and the rifles are way overpriced, $1600ish....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:25:01 PM EDT
Halfmoon, Thanks for all your help...I'll pass this info along to my friend.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:27:18 AM EDT
umm try this

Evans in Orange does the modification.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:33:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JWC6:
umm try this

Evans in Orange does the modification.

That's the one I linked to above. They are also the ones charging $1,549 for their cheapest configuration, something that could be built for well less than $1,000 with a FAB10 or Vulcan. When I talked to the guy that runs the show there, (Geoff I believe) he indicated that the finish on the Bushy lower would be flawed after they welded the plate on the bottom. For $1,600 I would hope they would completely re-finish the lower for you..
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:43:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 4:45:01 AM EDT by gs430]
What about this?

www.vbd.com/noc/shop/products_detail.asp?CategoryID=49&ProductID=322

You could buy a AR reciever from someone out of state and send them this kit, they install it and the lower goes to you local FFL dealer and you get a fixed 10-Round AR.

What I'm curious to know is if the "tool" portion of the law has been tested. I mean it CLEARLY says that a tool is required...I don't see ANYTHING in there about the magazine needing to be riveted, welded, glued, etc...

# Penal Code section 12276.1:
# (a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:12:09 PM EDT
gs430: Where did you pull this information from:

"# Penal Code section 12276.1:
# (a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine."

I know that I've read it before, but for watever reason, I can't seem to find it now. I was looking through the 2005 Dangerous Weapons Control Law here:

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/dwc.htm
Top Top