Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 9:57:45 AM EDT
i am very proud of my fellow iowans for all their hard work and sacrifice.  it gives me great pleasure to forward this information to you.  if you're not signed up as a member of the Iowa Firearms Coalition, you have zero excuse not to be.  

Iowa Firearms Coalition
Message from the President
September 12, 2010

Greetings, from across the river from the Nation's Capital!

I attended the NRA Fall Board of Directors meeting this weekend in order to officially receive the NRA-ILA Jay M. Littlefield Memorial Volunteer Organization of the Year Award, on behalf of the Iowa Firearms Coalition. NRA President Ron Schmeits, EVP Wayne LaPierre, and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox all send their personal congratulations to the leaders and members of the IFC for a job well done this year, and they are hopeful that the NRA and IFC will continue to work closely together in the future to protect the rights that we have fought to regain, and reclaim those that are still being denied to us.

One theme that came up again and again during the weekend was the lack of an RKBA guarantee in the Iowa Constitution. Everyone I talked to agreed that this needs to be addressed, not only in Iowa's Constitution, but the other handful of states that are in the same position. This is the surest way to defend our firearms rights from those at any level of government who would prefer us to remain unarmed.

We were given a tour of the National Firearms Museum during our visit here. Unfortunately, it was an abbreviated tour, as we were running behind in the schedule. If any of you have the chance to visit the DC area, you definitely need to make time to visit this museum. Located at NRA HQ in Fairfax, Virginia, it is amazing how many firearms they have been able to acquire and the history behind them. Half a day could be spent there easily. It is well worth your time to see that museum.

For those that do not know, the IFC is now an Affiliate Club of the NRA. We will continue to strengthen our alliance with them and work together with the NRA structure in Iowa to serve our members and recruit new members to both groups. It was once said, many many years ago: United We Stand, Divided We Fall. This is just as true today as it was over 200 years ago. We have seen great progress in the past few years in the restoration of our rights, but we cannot be lulled into a false sense of security. Attacks continue to be made at all levels of government. From local governments like West Burlington and Shelby County, through the state government, and clear up to the halls of the White House and the US Capitol, anti-gun proponents continue to introduce and support legislation designed to remove YOUR God-given right to self-defense. Supporting groups like the IFC and the NRA ensure that we can speak to government officials as a united voice with clear conviction and strength that cannot be ignored.

IFC members are reminded that it is now time to renew for 2011. New members who join now are automatically given membership through the end of 2011. Existing members need to renew prior to the end of 2010 in order to keep their membership current. You can visit our website at http://www.iowacarry.org/pages.php?pageid=2 to renew your membership online.

On behalf of the IFC Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, I would like to thank all of you for your support. We take on this task not for you, but because of you. The Iowa Firearms Coalition will continue to see tremendous growth in 2011, and I personally invite each of you to hang on for the ride.

Sean McClanahan - President
Iowa Firearms Coalition

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
My childhood home is within 5 miles of that museum.

Cool beans! Good work, IFC.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
What about becoming an affiliate club of the CMP also?

Glad to hear about the NRA affiliation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What about becoming an affiliate club of the CMP also?

Glad to hear about the NRA affiliation.

tell me more dave, i'm not in the know as to how that can be done...  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#5]

And what additional if any advantage if any would this bring

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Membership in Iowa Firearms would then satisfiy the club membership requirement for buying rifles from the CMP.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Membership in Iowa Firearms would then satisfiy the club membership requirement for buying rifles from the CMP.

And ammo, and parts, and partake in their auctions.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top