Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:57:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 3:09:32 AM EDT by gunchyck]
I wake up this mourning, read through a page and a half of posts on my original thread "I know I will get smacked down for this..." and find it LOCKED.

I just want to say, in case anyone missed it,
I live in NJ, I have a BF in Seattle, and I do not tell him what to do or what to write in this forum.
I used to live there, and will again, unless he moves here.
I am a conservative democrat. And I like lazy walks on the beach at sunset

Most of the people responding to my thread were passionate about their views, but very respectful in the expression of those oppositional views. I appreciate that, it promotes understanding, and it was exactly what I was asking for.

I think there was only one person who got name-cally, and let me tell you, I was expecting many more of you to be like that, considering the subject matter and views that I had been reading before posting. I was pleasantly suprised. and I thank you.

On name calling, it doesn't bother me a whole lot. It's an attention-getting, a kind of TALKING REALLY LOUD SO THAT PEOPLE READ YOUR POSTS. I have nothing against hogan or anyone else that uses profanity or calls people names. I look forward to meeting him and making my own, in person, judgement, just as he will when he meets me. I rarely hold grudges and I'm a little alzheimery, so chances are, I won't remember what you call me online for being a dirty, dirty democrat.

Sorry for making another topic about it, but I was locked out of the conversation, damned time difference, and listening to phil telling me to go to bed earlier... YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS PHIL?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gunchyck:
I am a conservative democrat.

Swing low...........................Sweet Chariot......................

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:56:57 AM EDT
Nice to meet you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:01:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 8:05:36 AM EDT by gunchyck]

Originally Posted By CavVet:

CavVet, there IS such a thing as a conservative Democrat, it just means I'm more toward the middle, or slightly on the Dem side of the spectrum. I'm not an extremist.

Democrats ...................................................Republicans
I--------------------------------------I-------------------------------------I
^.........................^...............................................^
(extremist.............(me) ......................................extremist
liberal democrats).................................................conservative repub's)

meCaVet

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:50 AM EDT
nice to meet you too, DaBunny and ODT!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:15:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 8:17:37 AM EDT by Hippynik]

Cav...you know I love ya, but sometimes....I seem to walk close to the same line gunchyck does (we would have to get in a FTF discussion to really figure that one out) and you seem to keep calling us idiots because we are dems(which I believe was the point of the other thread that when you group people together because of a label, you miss out on the oddities)

There are certain things that at least make me a dem: being a passionate woman who thinks that my body is mine, being for education not memorization, and believing that what someone does involving only themselves or immediate family is none of the governments business until it spills out and becomes so. I don't agree with making laws "just in case." people will always be stupid, and if we don't let them learn from their mistakes, that will never change. I believe in capital punishment, but I think our court and legal system need a major overhaul.

Facts are facts, but by only exposing one side of the facts, you skew the position. Its a statistics thing again.

But you knew I was a hippyfreak before you met me

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:11:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 9:11:23 AM EDT by bigscrun]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:20:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 9:22:04 AM EDT by 1GunnerHogan1]
I have nothing against hogan or anyone else that uses profanity or calls people names. I look forward to meeting him and making my own, in person, judgement, just as he will when he meets me.

Gunchyck....I apologize for the comment, and did say I was sorry to the HTF. I didn't know who you were, and by looking at your post count, state location etc, I figured the title of your post and comments were looking to incite and elicit responses. The VAST MAJORITY of people in this forum tend to have more conservative leanings. It seemed as if you were trolling for responses.
I jumped on it. Phil for obvious reasons jumped to your defense. Its QUITE OBVIOUS to me you don't need his "help" You seem to be able to take care of yourself quite well. You are correct, if /when we meet someday we can make up our own minds about the other person. By the way if you couldn't already figure it out, I am a hard core ultra conservative Have a good Labor Day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:21:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigscrun:
Hi, My name is Bigscrun and I work for a living. I enjoy keeping my money, mine and practice personal responsibility.

I am not sure where that puts me on the slider bar thingy.

After meeting you and reading many many of your posts, I would say that you are a conservative Democrat.... but I don't want to "OUT" you, so I won't presume to know

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:33:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:38:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 9:51:29 AM EDT by gunchyck]

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:

I have nothing against hogan or anyone else that uses profanity or calls people names. I look forward to meeting him and making my own, in person, judgement, just as he will when he meets me.

Gunchyck....I apologize for the comment, and did say I was sorry to the HTF. I didn't know who you were, and by looking at your post count,

what is a respectable post count? (a girl's gotta have goals)

state location etc, I figured the title of your post and comments were looking to incite and elicit responses. The VAST MAJORITY of people in this forum tend to have more conservative leanings. It seemed as if you were trolling for responses.
I jumped on it. Phil for obvious reasons jumped to your defense. Its QUITE OBVIOUS to me you don't need his "help"

yeah, but it's nice to have a knight in shining armor defending my honor when he thinks it has been impugned. I love his overzealous ass.

You seem to be able to take care of yourself quite well. You are correct, if /when we meet someday we can make up our own minds about the other person. By the way if you couldn't already figure it out, I am a hard core ultra conservative Have a good Labor Day.

you too!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:56:35 AM EDT
Is this Phil in SEA GF from back east?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:04:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 50BMGshooter:
Is this Phil in SEA GF from back east?

um... yeah.... why?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:32:21 AM EDT
I guess I'm a conservitive Libertarian, too bad I can't vote for any that might get elected.
I think my money is my money, people should work for what they want, If you can't afford to take care of your kids they should be given to someone that can, and if you don't wear a helmet when your motorcycle crashes, you better have insurance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:40:51 AM EDT
I'm a Bunny.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:44:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:
I'm a Bunny.

YOU're a PINK bunny with minipancakes!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:57:51 AM EDT
I think you are all nuts, and being brainwashed. I also think you are all giveing too much power to the women....

They should be here.www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=71

Or in the kitchen!

<­BR>

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:16:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:
I think you are all nuts, and being brainwashed. I also think you are all giveing too much power to the women....

Or in the kitchen!

Yeah, let's separate the boys from the girls! And BRING BACK ARRANGED MARRAIGES! I bet my parents would've done a really good job at getting me married off to a lawyer at 13, and then I would have no kids by now and my lawyer hubby would've divorced me for not giving him male heirs, and I would be on the street because my parents would disown my for not living up to my reproductive potential... wait, wasn't there a time when women were killed for not producing male children... let's bring that back too.

you know what, feminism aside, I would LOVE to cook all day and have phil come home with 20 unannounced guests for me to feed... We will probably never be able to live off one paycheck. I have a fabric store addiction and I like to paint on canvases, and phil has a gun store addiction... if we want to live in the styles we have become accustomed to... I gotta work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:05:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Or in the kitchen!

Yeah, let's separate the boys from the girls! And BRING BACK ARRANGED MARRAIGES! I bet my parents would've done a really good job at getting me married off to a lawyer at 13, and then I would have no kids by now and my lawyer hubby would've divorced me for not giving him male heirs, and I would be on the street because my parents would disown my for not living up to my reproductive potential... wait, wasn't there a time when women were killed for not producing male children... let's bring that back too.

you know what, feminism aside, I would LOVE to cook all day and have phil come home with 20 unannounced guests for me to feed... We will probably never be able to live off one paycheck. I have a fabric store addiction and I like to paint on canvases, and phil has a gun store addiction... if we want to live in the styles we have become accustomed to... I gotta work.

In the end I think there are a lot of women who would rather stay at home and take care of life than are able to do it...but we still have all the power, I mean if we are cooking...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:43:13 PM EDT
[joey] How YOU doin' [/joey]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:45:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Justin03R6:

[fonzie] AAAA OOOOO OOOOO AAAAAA[fonzie]

my mojo beats your mojo, young grasshopper
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 12:52:02 PM EDT by Justin03R6]

I can't think of a single thing to say that won't ensure a jealousy fueled, rage filled Phil showing up at my door with a weed whacker intent upon a very messy castration.

ETA for Grammer ( I was all excited )
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:52:46 PM EDT

I can't think of a single thing to say that won't ensure a jealousy fueled rage, filled Phil showing up at my door with a weed whacker intent upon a very messy castration.

no no no, that's not right, blaming your lack of comeback on the fear of my BF's wrath!!

Playful insluts insults are a sign of affection
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:59:42 PM EDT

I can't think of a single thing to say that won't ensure a jealousy fueled rage, filled Phil showing up at my door with a weed whacker intent upon a very messy castration.

no no no, that's not right, blaming your lack of comeback on the fear of my BF's wrath!!

Alright...........

I can trump your mojo:

And take this:

Oh yeah....you want me now, dont'cha.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:02:22 PM EDT

Alright...........

I can trump your mojo:

hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/austinpowers/austin3b.jpg

home1.gte.net/res0yiyy/mojo.jpg

And take this:

red-baron.blog-cafe.net/images/snoopy14.jpg

My loins are burning.... from you or from my scabies, I'm not sure which.

does that turn you on, baby?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:10:36 PM EDT

Alright...........

I can trump your mojo:

hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/austinpowers/austin3b.jpg

home1.gte.net/res0yiyy/mojo.jpg

And take this:

red-baron.blog-cafe.net/images/snoopy14.jpg

My loins are burning.... from you or from my scabies, I'm not sure which.

does that turn you on, baby?

I'm 32, chubby and married.............I'll take it anyway I can get it

This IS getting a little perverse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 1:37:47 PM EDT by XD_Fan]
Getting a little perverse. Where have you been?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:40:01 PM EDT
Have I injected this board with sexual innuendo and perversity? How shameful.
I need to go to church... eat some yummy jesus wafers
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:50:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:00:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OdT:
You're a pistol gunchyck, no doubt about that.

Thank you darlin!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:18:10 PM EDT

CavVet, have you heard of retired Senator Zell Miller (D-GA)?

There is such thing as a conservative Democrat, although they do seem to be as common as card-carrying Whigs nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:24:30 PM EDT
If you come out this way I know a place where you can get some fabulous Italian lingerie with an ARF discount.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:30:32 PM EDT

Hi. I'm Gibby and I'm a Redheadolic.

<­BR>

BT­W....Did I mention I like redheads?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 3:08:32 PM EDT by gunchyck]

Originally Posted By MOGWAR:
If you come out this way I know a place where you can get some fabulous Italian lingerie with an ARF discount.

Are you talking to me or CavVet?

(I'm sorry CavVet, YOU KNOW i LOVE YOU, it's just that the thought of you in lingerie flashed through my mind IMMEDIATELY, and when I recovered and scooped myself up off the floor, i had to share the visual... he was wearing a fuscia lacey number, with black, silk trim and black fishnet stockings... quite the mentaL PICTURE, EH?)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 2:34:34 PM EDT by JS98010]

(I'm sorry CavVet, YOU KNOW i LOVE YOU, it's just that the thought of you in lingerie flashed through my mind IMMEDIATELY, and when I recovered and scooped myself up off the floor, i had to share the visual... he was wearing a fuscia lacey number, withe black, silk trim and black fishnet stockings... wuite the mentaL PICTURE, EH?)

She thinks like a Sailor!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:18:29 PM EDT

I'm talking to you gungirlie, CavVet tried on everything here and nothing fit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:32:00 PM EDT

I make my own corsets, so I don't really need anything.... but I've never had fishnet stockings... how much is the discount?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:22:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JS98010:

(I'm sorry CavVet, YOU KNOW i LOVE YOU, it's just that the thought of you in lingerie flashed through my mind IMMEDIATELY, and when I recovered and scooped myself up off the floor, i had to share the visual... he was wearing a fuscia lacey number, withe black, silk trim and black fishnet stockings... wuite the mentaL PICTURE, EH?)

She thinks like a Sailor!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:30:38 PM EDT

I make my own corsets, so I don't really need anything.... but I've never had fishnet stockings... how much is the discount?

Levante Italian fishnets, regularly $14, only $8 with ARF discount. OOOOOOPS this belongs in the Equiptment Exchange.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:16:08 PM EDT
Hello gunchyck its nice to "meet" you. I'm a lurker in the WA forum too. I figure since I shop in The Tri Cities and live 30 miles south of the border I'm almost a WA resident except I'm conservative and have a Class III rifle .

Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:45:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:
Hello gunchyck its nice to "meet" you. I'm a lurker in the WA forum too. I figure since I shop in The Tri Cities and live 30 miles south of the border I'm almost a WA resident except I'm conservative and have a Class III rifle .

Patty

Did you say Class 3?

Did I mention I like blondes?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:19:46 PM EDT

Patty

Nice to meet you Patty, How are the birds? Aren't the guys on here fabulous?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gibby:

Patty

Did you say Class 3?

Did I mention I like blondes?

Gibby, I thought you were going to have an affair with ME? Now I see you don't even care what color hair we have... you probably don't even care if we have hair....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 7:01:06 PM EDT by pattymcn]

Patty

Nice to meet you Patty, How are the birds? Aren't the guys on here fabulous?

That they are, even Gibby the state Man Slut. The birds are coping as well as possible. I have 3 little puppies [16 weeks old] that try to terrorize them every chance they get. I also have 3 older pups [5 mo, 7 mos, 9 mos] that have unchristian thoughts for the birds as well.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:08:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:11:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tweak:

Tweak, are you lonely?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:18:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:20:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cherry_45:

Originally Posted By Tweak:

Tweak, are you lonely?

He's so ronry so ronry...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:52:07 PM EDT
Hi gunchyck!

There are many types of folks here.

Count me as another disenfranchised-feeling Libertarian.

I don't really like either party. A lot of things I believe in are also embraced by some that would serve allegiance to one of the major parties. But my spectrum doesn't fit all that well into one, and besides I cannot trust either. They have more similarities than many care to admit

When I took social studies in grade school, "conservative" meant the government playing as small a role in your everyday life as possible. I also associate the notion with fiscal responsibility and owning ones actions and their consequences. In this sense I am a conservative.

I am also a Liberal in the classical and not the modern perjorative sense. My body is mine, yours belongs to you. Victimless crimes should not be crimes, IMHO. Violent crimes should be dealt with way more harshly. I am for the death penalty in the form of a well placed volley of bullets from a would-be victim, but I don't really trust my government to always be correct executing the right person.

Beliefs where I may differ from a lot of ARFCOMers involve mainly my parting with organised religion. For example I think that gay people should be able to get married (or enter into a civil union that confers the same rights as marriage). Being a scientist, I am all for stem cell cloning and all sorts of other fun stuff.

Drug abuse should be treated more as a pathology than a crime. A methhead trying to rob you should be shot accurately and stopped, but a junkie that shoots up under medical supervision should by left alone at worst or at best helped to kick their habit.

Government and religion really do not mix and there should be more separation.

When it comes to guns, I am a rapid proponent of RKBA and I could not live in Jersey (or Cali, or Mass). The sick fucks that took peoples guns in NOLA are one good reason to own an AR15, IMHO.

I have been a lurker more than a poster lately, but one of these days I hope to meet some of you folks and share some beer and pop off some rounds (not necessarily at the same time).

Fred
Top Top