Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 8:31:19 AM EDT
Does anybody have a phone number for Darnell's in Bloomington? I want to call and find out about the 300 yard range. I need to shoot some longer distances. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Theres a range in Bloomington?

Shit, I go to ISU.  No guns down here since I live in the dorms, but I'd definitely love to go check it out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
309-379-4331

www.darnalls.com

IIRC, sociopath told me that the 300 yard range is across his trap field, which is frequently is use. He goes there and to Leroy Rifle and Pistol. I've visited Leroy; only 100 yds, but a nice range, and really nice for pistols--I think they have backstops at 10, 25, 50, and 100 yards. Never been to Darnall's for anything except the indoor range.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
your ra would shit a brick. then ta would need bail $$$ and ya get the idea. lol cool to see the looks on their faces when we bust ya outta a there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
ps marksman. 1hr on 39 and i am there . find out how long they are open . we can beat up my guns.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I'll call them. Sounds like a little bit of a hassle to shoot 300, I guess. What's Leroy? Another local range?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Leroy is down the road a bit from Bloomington (down I74, IIRC). A small town, but they have a decent range out there. sociopath would be able to tell you better than I--I'll try to tip him off to your thread.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, whereabouts are you guys at, if you don't mind my asking? woodbutcher, sounds like you're up my way.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the tip off mwk.  Darnalls 300 yard range is across his trap fields.  Rifle shooters have priority till noon (which is good because the sun is at your back till then) after that, they give the field over to the trap shooters.  It's still possible to shoot rifle after noon if no trap shooters are around.  I usually just go up there and talk to people till whoever is shooting trap goes broke, then I shoot.  I never can get up there before 12.

LRPC is always open and I can take a guest if you ever want to try it.  It's a nice place, outdoor only.  It's a cheap range to be a member if you live in the area.  

I'll take anyone to either place.  Just email me and let me know you want to go.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
a little west of tonica. lived il valley my whole 35 yrs. you ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm southwest of Chicago, a little NE of Joliet. I'm getting ready to go on an Elk hunt in December and need to do some shooting longer than 100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
a little west of tonica. lived il valley my whole 35 yrs. you ?

I've been in Roanoke for most of my 31 years. Lived in Bloomington for a few years in there. You're a bit farther north, but the drive is probably close to the same.

sleeper, that's quite a drive for practice! I can't say that I know of too many clubs with shooting ranges longer than 100 yards though. My own club is talking about opening up some of the lanes to 200 yards, which would be nice, but that has yet to be anything more than an idea.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Woodbutcher, that would be fine lol.  I always love beating on other's rifles :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top