Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:53:36 AM EDT
I need to do an "emergency" transfer of a handgun. The FFL that was supposed to do it has dicked around and not gotten is shipped after several days. They had the paperwork since last Tuesday and the firearm since last Wendsday. I'm going to pick it up from the FFL today.

I need to get this thing shipped to the recipient ASAP. can anyone help me out?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Drop it off at the nearest UPS hub and Next Day air it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Do I need to have any special paperwork? A copy of the recipient's FFL? Anything? Just simply drop it off, declare it and have it shipped? Simple as that?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used Fedex twice, once they asked for the FFL, the other time they did not.  Bring a copy of the ffl you're shipping to just incase.  Declare it and insure for the appropriate amount.

Oh yeah, you can't drop it off at Kinkos, you have to go to a fedex manned hub/sub station.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Never mind. The deal fell through.

Bullet Trap is teh sux.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bullet Trap is teh sux

What gave it away?

mm
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I need to have any special paperwork? A copy of the recipient's FFL? Anything? Just simply drop it off, declare it and have it shipped? Simple as that?

Unless the recipient's state requires dealer to dealer transactions, the receiving dealer has special requirements, or the carrier special paperwork, all you need is to ship it to a valid FFL. It's good for your records to keep a signed copy of the receiving FFL and also verify them on EZ check. When I ship UPS, I never tell them it's a pistol. I say "machined parts". It's better that they not know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm with you on Bullet Trap sucking!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top