Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:36:04 PM EDT
I'm planning on moving to Colorado by years end, and was just wondering what everyone elses plans and/or desires would be.  This state has really went to shit, especially here on Long Island.  When it takes you over 30 mins to drive just 9 miles, something is wrong.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably Texas...  Maybe in a few years
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
New Orleans is looking like a cheap place to settle down.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably Vermont or New Hampshire. Still close enough to the family, but much better laws, though it can get mighty cold over there.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Florida, Kentucky,  Montana, Pennsylvania, Texas and Vermont are on the list. I'll likely end up in Vermont.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
My brothers in NC and there are some nice areas down there..of course, after ten years in Atlanta and then another 8 or so in NC, he's talking about coming home to NYS.............
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Back out to the phoenix area. I lived there about 20 yrs. ago and can't think of a better place to live.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I suppose it would be the pan-handle of Florida around the Alabama/Georgia line.
Vermont was very pleasing (inspite of all the sandals and Volvo's), could always work for Century Arms.  Western North Carolina has some of the nicest folks I've ever met. Kentucky, Tennessee, and West Virginia are pretty cool places if you like rural settings. (another observation: they either don't floridate the water and/or believe in Oral hygene...if you've been there, you know )
Texas is wide open with a wide variety of diffrent settings...Utah is diffrent...nice, but diffrent.
Always wanted to go to Alaska, maby one day.
Sometimes it's easier to eliminate the "wrong" answers, ie: NY, NJ, OH, DC, MD, RI, CT, MA, SC, LA, MI, MS, AR, CA, MO, MI, WI, and any of the "blue" states.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
would love to live in alaska...   I love the cold and peacefull.  I'd probably say either wyoming or colorodo, or montana.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Vermont, Pennslyvania or Maine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
VT, ME, or NH.  Believe it or not VT is a booming state for certain jobs.  The state has set up a program to attract insurance companies that used to go offshore.  Also a lot of tech jobs around Essex Junction.  If I went up there I would get a job Long Trail brewery.  Great beer, great view of the river at work.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Pennsylvania are st the top of my list.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I moved across two rivers and landed in PA.

I just love shooting my M16A1 when I have the chance.

Now if I can get the Guv to leave the State and head elsewhere I shall be very happy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:48:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sometimes it's easier to eliminate the "wrong" answers, ie: NY, NJ, OH, DC, MD, RI, CT, MA, SC, LA, MI, MS, AR, CA, MO, MI, WI, and any of the "blue" states.

I guess "MI" is really bad if it is listed twice - I would add "IL" to that list due to Chicago and Cook County.

If I were to leave NY, I'd head to VT if I could find something to do.  Barring that it might be PA or VA.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#15]
PA if I have to stay in the cold some place around Central PA---State College, Bodines, Redding

TEXAS is my #1 then AZ or New Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:11:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Colorado, Florida, Vermont, New Hampshire or *gasp* California.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]
NH, Live Free or Die, gotta love that, TX or AZ.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hawaii

You'll fit right in!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hawaii

You'll fit right in!!

He will just have to get rid of that NY/LI accent.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Wife's friend is outside of Atlanta and that is where she'd like us to move.  I worry about fast growing cities with a lot of Liberal northerners.  Seems even a "free" state/city can turn unfriendly in a few years.  In NY its the few large cities imposing their Ideals on the rest of us that make this state a PIA.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably VT or NH maybe MT I don't like like warm weather so heading south is out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#23]
AZ, it may be hot as hell there but it's free.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Most likely Virginia...

Oh wait...I'm here already!!! Four glorious months!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Back out to the phoenix area. I lived there about 20 yrs. ago and can't think of a better place to live.

You too I lived in Glemdale,Az & spent 2 weeks there in April looking at houses Leaving NY Soon
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#26]
I lived in Alaska for two years. Not the place if you are single that's for sure. A long time friend from college moved to Colorado for eight years and now is back. Work was sparce and everything took driving for hours. He isn't into hunting or fishing (just skiing) and got bored and came back here. Alot of peep's leave this cursed area and then wind up coming back after they admit they made a mistake.

If it wasn't for family, it would be Eastern North Carolina...surfing, fishing, hunting. Where I go hunting every year outside Winchester (really) Northern VA/WV isn't bad... but that the hygiene thing pops up. Summer teeth that's for sure...some are missing, some are yella', some are green.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top