Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 2:27:12 PM EDT
Has anyone seen those ar grips that do not qualify as a pistol grip?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be real leary of them without a signed letter from Kali DOJ saying they're OK. After SB23 became law DOJ said a pistol grip cut off even with the bottom of the trigger guard was still a pistol grip and those hang down as low as that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The FAB guys have one but at the time Kessler banned receivers by "series".  I still think their grip is slightly below that imaginary line.

This is a viable option but I believe the design must be approved by DOJ to verify your hand rests above that imaginary line.  Then carry the approval paperwork with the rifle to show some yahoo LEO.  Probably same with the fixed mag design.  

The laws seem even more confusing now, LEOs should now be required to have a law degree

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The laws seem even more confusing now, LEOs should now be required to have a law degree

Most have no idea and dont care as long as you are not a crook. I one ride we were called to a house looking through the house we found a gun, we ran it to see if it was stolen, came up clean he also had 2 other rifles, AR variants.  Cop totally ignored them and was only concerned about the handgun to see if it was stolen.

I really doubt that they were registered, the guy was only 20 so I dont even see how he could have registered them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
here is a link,

expensive but you could unpin your magazine for a vulcan or add them to a non list lower and be good to go.

good option if the lowers are not added to the list.

http://www.fabten.com/what's_new.htm

or link but i am having trouble linking it...
grip

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
here is a link,

expensive but you could unpin your magazine for a vulcan or add them to a non list lower and be good to go.

grip

The hand is lower than the imaginary line right above the trigger, this could cause some trouble.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
here is a link,

grip

The hand is lower than the imaginary line right above the trigger, this could cause some trouble.
www.fabten.com/newgrip.gif

hmm, although they said the ATF did approve it, when the cops show up you could always change your grip.  Could you amagine debating with the cop whether your hand was below the trigger
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmm, although they said the ATF did approve it, when the cops show up you could always change your grip.  Could you amagine debating with the cop whether your hand was below the trigger

Intent.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
here is a link,

grip

ATF are Feds, we're more concerned with what the Caliban DOJ considers legal.  The imaginary line is an SB-23 law.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Intent.

not pistol grip, actual handgrip
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
That sure looks like it would still fall under the thumbhole stock prohibitions.  Frankly if  anybody could have come up with a simple solution like this that beats the characteristics prohibitions AND the names prohibitions they wouldn't have been selling them for years to us?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That sure looks like it would still fall under the thumbhole stock prohibitions.  Frankly if  anybody could have come up with a simple solution like this that beats the characteristics prohibitions AND the names prohibitions they wouldn't have been selling them for years to us?

they make the rifle look very ugly, i would much rather have a postban with a pistol grip than a preban upper with the ugly grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top