Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2013 7:12:39 PM EDT
... and he's thinking of selling it.  Anyone have any leads on where to go to get it appraised in/near St. Louis?
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No need for an appraisal.  Go to the Smith & Wesson forum for an opinion.  I have a 53 and you are looking at 600-1000 for a bare gun depending on condition, you can add 4-500 if it has the box and adapters, and you can add at least another 500-750 if it has the replacement 22lr cylinder.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I know he no longer has the box or papers that came with it.  But he does have the .22 lr sleeves, .22 jet dies, some ammo and about +500 rounds of primed brass ready to go.  From what he says, it's in mint to near mint condition.  Normally I'd tell him to just go look it up himself but he's not real internet savvy and I don't think he's been to a gun shop in 20 years.  Honestly I'm not sure that he realizes exactly what he has, other than its big, loud, and expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top