Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 3:34:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry about 89grand.  He's a ruger owner.

I try to keep our regional war with the WASHINGTON BOYS!  But all the drama in our forum lately is inevitably going to contaminate other forums.

Such a waste of energy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Again we are sorry about 89grand.

We are pretty sure he is a spy from DU.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I own a Weatherby....

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Just so I am within the guidelines set forth by COC I must do this respectfully...

soooooooo

<Removed.>
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
VA

It is wrong for a member to "troll" or incite in another forum.  if someone entered the VA forum with intent to abuse or insult you are correct in throwing them out.

But, do you really think it correct to enter this forum with admonishment to the entire forum?  The vast majority of people in the AZ/NM forum have done nothing.  It seems the problem should have remained in the VA forum.  Unless there were a lot more than 2 people involved.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Notice that both 89grand and richardh247 joined in September 2004.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah and? All I did is ask them to lure their troll back. It may not be their fault, but if he must troll, I think it'd better in his own hometown forum.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
No, it was just the 2 of us, and I have IMed VA-gunnut and conferred an apology for my part in only making things worse.  I was pissed at virginia22, but that is no excuse for what I said, which was not polite, to say the least.  I felt an apology was in order, as I was pissed at virginia22 for the things I ended up doing myself (trolling).  I also asked him to request virginia22 stop stirring the pot over here so we can get past this mess and go back the good-natured fun we have.  

You know what they say about good intentions...  lots of GREAT people here catching flak, and I interjected when I should have kept my pie hole closed.  Live and learn.  

He can accept my apology or tell me to go blow myself, I don't care.  The heat of everything found words I normally wouldn't speak escaping my alligator mouth with little compilation from my hummingbird mind, and I would like to apologize to you guys, as well.

I still own a Weatherby, though  You can smack me around at Fox and the Hound while I'm buying you a beer.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We're not the same person, bro.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah and? All I did is ask them to lure their troll back. It may not be their fault, but if he must troll, I think it'd better in his own hometown forum.

again 89grand and richardh247, the AZ forum asked in GD for opinions (hoping for back up of the az memebers side) I picked the mods and Ed as being 100% correct in their course.

bottom line comes to this. If you do not wish to have other members opine in the AZ forum, and want to hear from just the AZ people on your lost cause effort. Do not ask the general pop in the GD forum.

y'all asked, I gave my opinion. you do not have to like it, but you guys did ask for said opinions.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Man you just refuse to quit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We're not the same person, bro.  

I can vouch for richardh247!  I'm training him in the ways of the w00t!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Man you just refuse to quit.

actually, this time I'm wrong to post here. VA gunnet had posted in the VA forum on this too. confussed the 2 threads.My mistake.

this time. I apologise.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

again 89grand and richardh247, the AZ forum asked in GD for opinions (hoping for back up of the az memebers side) I picked the mods and Ed as being 100% correct in their course.

bottom line comes to this. If you do not wish to have other members opine in the AZ forum, and want to hear from just the AZ people on your lost cause effort. Do not ask the general pop in the GD forum.

y'all asked, I gave my opinion. you do not have to like it, but you guys did ask for said opinions.

Chris

OK, I did not know anyone had gone to the GD and asked for an opinion.  It wasn't me, and I am of the mind to say that it should have never been brought up.  I am not for the use of the word, and I am not against it.  I never used it, or any racially-slurred method of speech.  

Let's just let it drop, ok?  I'm sure if you were in AZ, we'd drink a beer together and laugh about the whole situation.  Since you're not, suffice it to say we are both gun owners with enough liberals to take our aggression out on, and fighting amongst "ourselves" just isn't worth the effort.  I'll email you a beer or something

Out.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

OK, I did not know anyone had gone to the GD and asked for an opinion.  It wasn't me, and I am of the mind to say that it should have never been brought up.  I am not for the use of the word, and I am not against it.  I never used it, or any racially-slurred method of speech.  

Let's just let it drop, ok?  I'm sure if you were in AZ, we'd drink a beer together and laugh about the whole situation.  Since you're not, suffice it to say we are both gun owners with enough liberals to take our aggression out on, and fighting amongst "ourselves" just isn't worth the effort.  I'll email you a beer or something

Out.  

Chris
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#17]
But 89grand still likes Rugers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
markm, feel free to come by the VA forum and say "wOOt" anytime you want.

Ha! Now he'll be hanging around like a fart in a phonebooth! You asked for it.....

w00t
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Normally I wouldn't think of coming into another forum telling people how they should post in the VA forum. I felt this situation was different because of the on going saga in the AZ/NM forum, and it seemed that it had spilled over into the VA forum. When I first read the linked post, it seemed as if a couple of AZ members were pissed that people from other states were posting in there forum, so they decided to stir shit up in other forums. I felt it was better to nip this kind of thing in the bud before the mob mentality took over. Once things start to spiral out of control, it's much harder to get things back in order.

I have no control over the members from VA and how they post throughout the site. The same as the AZ/NM mods have no control over people from there state. If anyone from the site comes in here and stirs up shit, then the Mods here will have to take care of the problem. I just wanted to say in a friendly manner that the VA Mods don't usually put up with to much BS, because we like our quiet little forum

richardh247, I just read your IM, and I plan on responding to it tonight when I have a little more time. Apology accepted, and don't let it bother you. I know everyone has a bad day and sometimes they let it out on the board. I don't take this stuff personally and I hope you don't either.

markm, feel free to come by the VA forum and say "wOOt" anytime you want.

No, nothing personal at all.  I take everything I read with a grain of salt - it's the Internet.  

I apologized because I felt it was in order.  

We like our quiet little forum, as well, and I had no idea anyone brought this to the general discussion.  With no knowledge of that fact, it appeared there were many from other states just popping in because they wanted to stir the pot 'o shit.   With many valued people leaving, I thought that wholly inappropriate.  

Here's my thing:  I have met a good number of great people who have turned into awsome friends through this site.  That means that everyone who gets "chased" away from this site doesn't get that opportunity, and it pisses me off people of our ilk (mature, responsible, like-minded gun owners) are at each other's throats.  

Anyone see the vote tally from election day?  We are too few to argue the way we have been, and too mature for name calling, bitch slapping, or otherwise pissing on each other.  But that is EXACTLY what has been transpiring.  

And all this over the PRINCIPLE of a word.  It just ain't worth it.  Anyway, it's done, and I apologized where I felt it warranted.  Didn't mean to piss in your bowl, but that's what I did.  

Richard
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
But 89grand still likes Rugers.

Yeah, I'm thinking about selling all of my other guns to finance more Rugers to add to the 4 I have now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I try to keep our regional war with the WASHINGTON BOYS!  But all the drama in our forum lately is inevitably going to contaminate other forums.

Such a waste of energy.

You better not be two-timing us!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Well this was a first for me.
I was called a troll by some jackass in the Ca. forum.

89, you and Richard better stay close to the
porch for a while.

Top Top