Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 1:29:39 PM EDT

Let me get this straight, you guys had;

Tannerite
Class 3 weapons
50 cals (assorted)

A Beer can mortar???
A Bowling ball cannon???

I WILL DEFINATELY NEVER MISS ANOTHER ARFCOM SHOOT! EVER!
Just promise to bring a good first aid kit I will.

(edited because I am computer illiterate)
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I know what you mean Spackler, this is the first one I have missed.
At least everyone had a good time, and left some good pic's to drool over.
Next time!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
you didn't really miss that much. there are to many kids running around unsupervised and to many guys that don't have enough range intelligence. everytime i get back from these i feel lucky i didn't get a bullet in me from some teenager that has no muzzle control. yes, i saw a few of those and i saw adults shooting across other shooters.

these things are an accident looking for a time to happen.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you didn't really miss that much. there are to many kids running around unsupervised and to many guys that don't have enough range intelligence. everytime i get back from these i feel lucky i didn't get a bullet in me from some teenager that has no muzzle control. yes, i saw a few of those and i saw adults shooting across other shooters.

these things are an accident looking for a time to happen.

... Go ahead, stay on the porch (or couch) it's much safer, we won't miss you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
<snip> there are to many kids running around unsupervised <snip>

I saw some kids there.  Didnt see much unsupervision tho. Heaven forbid that the youth get intoduced to the fun of shooting.  Remember they are the future voters.  If enough "kids" like the sport, then mabey  the sport will still be around for a few more years.  I was very inpressed with the Father of the little tike, i think 3 years old?  well good for him and all the other fathers bringing the kids and wifes.  
When you go to a shoot where there is Tannerite and full auto will be present.  Are you expecting a environment like a indoor shooting range?  True we all should be safer and more aware than usual at an event like this. So my question for you "Mr_H", what would you suggest?  

one last question,If you saw someone being blantly unsafe did you suggest to them to do it in a more safe way?

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
 Personally, I think of our shoots as a sort of Darwinian proving ground.  Seems that we must be destined to live because we all seem to go home fairly intact.  Let me tell you what's REALLY dangerous...a bunch of punk kids at a friggin' concert.  I was in more danger at the three hour concert I went to last night than I will EVER be in a HUNDRED of our shoots including the one I was at yesterday from 5 am to 3 pm when I left.

I have NEVER felt safer in my life than when I am with the Arizona ARFCOM and DMGC crew.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know what you mean Spackler, this is the first one I have missed.
At least everyone had a good time, and left some good pic's to drool over.
Next time!

I haven't been to one yet. With a little effort I could have made this one.What a chump! I did go to Ben Avery today and as a side note BSA red dots are only slightly better than no sights at all.

Somebody post what day they are going to the Crossroads/SAR show so I can keep an eye out for ArfCommers. I'm not that hard to miss, just look for a 3xl2XL t-shirt ( probably USMC ) stretched around a 6'3" 300lb white guy with short hair. If I go to a summer C.G. shoot I am the shade.
edited because I'm not that fat
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Somebody post what day they are going to the Crossroads/SAR show so I can keep an eye out for ArfCommers. I'm not that hard to miss, just look for a 3xl t-shirt ( probably USMC ) stretched around a 6'3" 300lb white guy with short hair. If I go to a summer C.G. shoot I am the shade.

I'll be going on Friday and trying to compress 3 days into one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was very inpressed with the Father of the little tike, i think 3 years old?  well good for him and all the other fathers bringing the kids and wifes.  

I think that was Derek.

I too was impressed with how well his little boy did there. Derek, you got a good kid there, it was good to see you there - you should be proud of your son - he acted VERY well.

And a BIG thank-you to Paul for being so generous with the M2.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks! I appreciate it. He did 1000X better than I thought he would.

He understands that guns are dangerous and he has no business touching them without his Daddy.

He loved the stuff exploding and makes friends wherever he goes. A very happy, loving child.

We found a broken toy M16 in the bushes and he decided that it was "his gun" and was helping me shoot on the line.

I was pretty paranoid about him being there, but he exceeded expectations and his attention to what I told him suprised even me, and he's usually a very good boy.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#10]
hahahaha, got your panties in a bind? WW- you have a real chip on your shoulder about critisism when it comes to your beloved shoots. just because i think there were some f^ck nuts and kids running around waving pistols in the air shooting where they wheren't suppossed to you lable me the bad guy? you need to grow up.

as for teaching kids about guns, you are exactly correct. to bad the drill instructor father didn't do his job. ya introduce them but by all means give them an understanding before you turn them loose with 100 other people and a weapon.

geez, lighten up a little.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
mr_h was down (up?) at the end near me, and he's right, there were a few problem types up there. Guys blatantly firing across on other peoples targets, etc. I asked a couple people to please not sweep me with the muzzle or shoot from behind me. Most (not all) of the savvy operators were down in the center/DMGer area. Could it have been the "lunatic fringe"?.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#12]
 I discussed the "bad shooters" with Treetop today....looks a few bad apples got into the bushel....they won't be welcomed back.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank god that kid wasn't burned too bad. But what if he was? What if he retained an aggressive personal injury attorney? I'll bet even AR15.com would be a party in his complaint. Stuff to think about.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thank god that kid wasn't burned too bad. But what if he was? What if he retained an aggressive personal injury attorney? I'll bet even AR15.com would be a party in his complaint. Stuff to think about.

pssst... he still can.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I brought my kid to one of the CG shoots, but not to this one.  It's not the best or safest place to have your kid, especially with TV frags raining down.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
mr_h was down (up?) at the end near me <snip>

What end was that  East or West, if East up by the Full .50?  Im wondering if they  are the same one's that were tearing up a couple of swinging targets with armor pierceing rounds.  Totaly destroyed one target.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]
mjrowley, maybe my bearings are off on the north south thing, i am refering to the end farthest to the right as you drive in, the up hill side. they were shooting 7.62x39 rifles but i doubt they would have been able to hit anything.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought so.  I didnt really spend any time up on the hill, but to shoot the Full Auto .50. I really thought it was cool of Paul to bring his baby.  I stoped by Mandels today and they charge $500.00 to rent theirs + ammo.  Hell we were able to shoot one for a fair donation.
Thanks again Mike T., great shoot!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#20]
This was my first AR15 Shoot.  I've been to quite a few FALfiles Shoots in the West Valley.

I thought it was a great shoot.  I stopped by Michael Thomas' place at 0600 and followed the convoy.

azski
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I finally figured out who everyone on this thread is.

I was wandering around and noticed that the biggest problem with the 'stan is that the line is too short and crooked.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#22]

This was my seconed time out their. I love these shoots. Once my son saw the video, he said he won't miss the next one.

I didn't witness any un-safe firearms handling. I'll keep my eye out though.

The only thing I didn't like was the can mortors taking up space on the firing line.

See everyone out their next time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#23]
If another shoot is planned soon I'll head  over to Costco for a boatload of burgers and buns, you're on your own for condiments though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:05:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I discussed the "bad shooters" with Treetop today....looks a few bad apples got into the bushel....they won't be welcomed back.

Just curious...since its public land how can you "make" people you don't want there leave, or even not "welcome them"?

Seems like that would be a good reason to book a range, or do it on private property so the owners/operators could ask trouble makers to leave.

Just sic Treetop and Topcrest on them.

Truly, though, I think we need to follow the Casa Grande format and have AT LEAST two safety meeting per shoot.  One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Ayes or nays???
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#25]
A range master might be good, anytime I go shooting with more than a few friends, we have an acting range master.  We trade off, but it is good to have someone being more aware of the environment, and less involved in the shooting.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I say yes to the meetings.  We should also have a cease fire, every 30 min or so.  Heard some people say that it was too long between them.  I liked AZ REDNECKS bull horn at the CG one.  Mayby at the ones like last saterday we could honk a truck horn?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top