Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:44:55 PM EDT

My 2 year old daughter followed me out into the garage this evening.  Apparently she is really interested in my reloading stuff and decided to play with the Rock Chucker Supreme on the workbench.  Long story short:  Not only did she smash her finger in the press, but she impaled her left index finger with the decapping pin of the sizer die.  She screams, I turn around lower the press and almost died when I realized her finger was stuck on the decapping pin.  I took some effort to work her finger off the pin.  Yuck.  She punched a hole right through the middle of her finger nail.  

Fortunately, she seems to be doing fine and she didn't break the bone.  The puncture didn't go all the way through her finger and the doctor seems to think it will heal just fine.  She will be on antibiotics for the next week or so.

I just feel like a complete idiot and a horrible father.  Sure was a fun call to the wife and explain how her daughter punched a hole through her fingernail/finger with my reloading press.    

ETA...
Heres a picture of the little one.    

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn man, after the first sentence I expcted to read that your daughter knocked something into the car parked in the garage or something! A hole through the finger caught me a little off guard.

Just tell her chicks dig sca... no wait.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't 2 a little young to get into body piercing?

These modern youth.... BSW
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Reminds me of the time I closed and latched the car door on my brothers fingers......or when I decided that rolls of caps ( remember those?? ) and a ball pein hammer was a good idea..( I missed and hit my finger... )

Give her a big ol' hug from all of us!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't it just kill you when they get hurt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear that about your little one.  I'm sure she'll be fine.  I hope you're allowed to keep your reloading equip. too!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Doesn't it just kill you when they get hurt.

+1  I want to cry with my kid when she gets hurt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]
You have your 2 year old reloading your ammo for you!?  Your either running a "Sweatshop" or your the best Dad ever!  I cant decide.    

I hope she's okay.  It'll make a cool story when she's older.

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#9]
You have your 2 year old reloading your ammo for you!? Your either running a "Sweatshop" or your the best Dad ever! I cant decide.

Does she get paid in gummy bears?  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Man i'm sorry to hear that she got hurt..

now ya just need to get her to start workin on the reloads

Jess
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I am sooo sorry to hear this. Hope she recovers well.

Prayers sent for the lil one.
CH
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Heck even chicks who like chicks dig scars.  

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen.  I added a picture of my little girl to the original post.  Nothing makes you want to cry like thousands of guns being burned in a foreign country or when your little ones get hurt.  It looks like she'll be just fine.  I am more traumatized by the image of her "finger on a stick" than she is by the actual injury.   In fact, she doesn't seem to care about her finger at all.  

For the morbidly curious, here are links to pictures I took this afternoon.

Top of Finger
Bottom of Finger

Cheers,

PS.  Bullseye74 - Yes, but those are gummy bear vitamins so I get good daddy points for those.  Plus they're quite tasty.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#13]
That makes my toes curl just thinking about it ...

From the photos it looks like it will probably heal up ok.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heck even chicks who like chicks dig scars.  

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen.  I added a picture of my little girl to the original post.  Nothing makes you want to cry like thousands of guns being burned in a foreign country or when your little ones get hurt.  It looks like she'll be just fine.  I am more traumatized by the image of her "finger on a stick" than she is by the actual injury.   In fact, she doesn't seem to care about her finger at all.  

For the morbidly curious, here are links to pictures I took this afternoon.

Top of Finger
Bottom of Finger

Cheers,

PS.  Bullseye74 - Yes, but those are gummy bear vitamins so I get good daddy points for those.  Plus they're quite tasty.  

looks like she is doing well.  glad she is ok!

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]
That looks like it hurt a little, sorry to hear of the injury.

Prayers sent for the little one for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#16]
She looks just like you dude.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:37:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
She looks just like you dude.

Poor kid.  Hopefully she'll outgrow it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top