Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 5:27:29 AM EDT

I think the "bad people" are putting subliminal messages in my tv that force me to watch marathons of behind the music, and WASTE entire DAYS of my life.  I don't give a flipping fig about Paula Abdul and her battles with bulemia.  What are the subliminal messages in this crap that is forcing me to leave the remote on VH1?  Does anyone else have these horrible symptoms?  Who is behind the mind control and why do they want me to watch the crap?

"paranoid people are the ones that know a little bit of what is really goping on." - I heard/read this somwhere, I have no Idea who said it, but it wasn't me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
    I think the "bad people" are putting subliminal messages in my tv that force me to watch marathons of behind the music, and WASTE entire DAYS of my life.  I don't give a flipping fig about Paula Abdul and her battles with bulemia.  What are the subliminal messages in this crap that is forcing me to leave the remote on VH1?  Does anyone else have these horrible symptoms?  Who is behind the mind control and why do they want me to watch the crap?

"paranoid people are the ones that know a little bit of what is really goping on." - I heard/read this somwhere, I have no Idea who said it, but it wasn't me.

<in a haunting voice> Look into my eyes.  You don't want to look for my wife..................You don't want to look for my wife.......................You think Gibby is handsome and built like a brick house.............................You think Gibby is handsome and built like a brickhouse...........<in a haunting voice>
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
The actual programing is a small part of mind control the bulk of it comes from the flicker rate of the screen, they found this effect in world war two when the submarine personel that watch the CRT got depressed so they increased the flicker rate and they felt better, 70 years worth of research has been done since then and the mind control done from the CRT is very advanced.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#5]
KILL YOUR TV, or at least your cable/sat service, you would be amazed at how much time you have to get things done surf the internet.

DD
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have the same problem with what I call the "Trinity".  History Channel, Discovery Channle, and the Military Channel.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have the same problem with what I call the "Trinity".  History Channel, Discovery Channle, and the Military Channel.  

I'm going to have to steal that line from you.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He he he  (look below)  it was william burroughs
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HIPPY!!!!  you are the one behind the mind control aren't you?  You infused that line into my brain with your liberal ways and your feminine wiles.  Pretty girls are dangerous.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HIPPY!!!!  you are the one behind the mind control aren't you?  You infused that line into my brain with your liberal ways and your feminine wiles.  Pretty girls are dangerous.

Yep pretty much...well all except making you watch VH1...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
KILL YOUR TV, or at least your cable/sat service, you would be amazed at how much time you have to get things done surf the internet.

DD

I am going to move into my new place and leave the TV's behind, But I don't read the newspaper that often, so I would be getting all my currents event info from these boards...  and I think that is a LITTLE SKEWED.  Call me crazy.

TV is evil
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DD

I am going to move into my new place and leave the TV's behind, But I don't read the newspaper that often, so I would be getting all my currents event info from these boards...  and I think that is a LITTLE SKEWED.  Call me crazy.

TV is evil

TV is a bit skewed the other direction...watch both and find the middle.

There's also www.drudgereport.com.  Once a day is all you need.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<in a haunting voice> Look into my eyes.  You don't want to look for my wife..................You don't want to look for my wife.......................You think Gibby is handsome and built like a brick house.............................You think Gibby is handsome and built like a brickhouse...........<in a haunting voice>

Gibby it didn't work.  I'm still attached to Philinseattle, but you wanna come over?  You're just so hansome and built....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The actual programing is a small part of mind control the bulk of it comes from the flicker rate of the screen, they found this effect in world war two when the submarine personel that watch the CRT got depressed so they increased the flicker rate and they felt better, 70 years worth of research has been done since then and the mind control done from the CRT is very advanced.

Wow Strat, I was just trying to infuse some light, fun stuff into the board with all the shitstorm depressing stuff going on... and once again you amaze me.  I want some of that flicker technology.  Where do I get it?  I just want to be happy... all the time.  Can I set the computer monitor on a flicker timer somehow?  Can I mind control my monitor in saying "Go to the Gym" or "Get off you ass and go outside".

I bet if we madea program that you could run on your computer like that, we would make BILLIONS!  I love capitalism.  God Bless America.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#15]
CRT mind control via refresh flicker?

Sounds like I should have a 20" LCD monitor instead of my current CRT/video card combination with their user adjustable refesh rate.

It must be a very narrow band that this flickering works in, set it too low and you'll get a headache, lower than that and you will see the flicker, too high and it won't matter as the eye can only detect appx 20 images per second before they begin to blur together. Any more than that and visual persistance overrides the newer image.

The AC electric lights in your house flicker 120 times per second (60 Hz) but we only see continous light because of human visual latency.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
CRT mind control via refresh flicker?

Sounds like I should have a 20" LCD monitor instead of my current CRT/video card combination with their user adjustable refesh rate.

It must be a very narrow band that this flickering works in, set it too low and you'll get a headache, lower than that and you will see the flicker, too high and it won't matter as the eye can only detect appx 20 images per second before they begin to blur together. Any more than that and visual persistance overrides the newer image.

The AC electric lights in your house flicker 120 times per second (60 Hz) but we only see continous light because of human visual latency.

OOOOO  BABY, you're getting me hot  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#17]
There are a considerable number of misconceptions about what we can see in terms of FPS because of the way the technology has been introduced.  Human eyes can see far greater than the estimated 30fps.  The reasons 20fps and 30fps get tossed around is because of the technology used to produce it (NTSC=30, Film =24fps, PAL=25fps), etc.

More info here...

Too much time in front of a TV or computer his its own problems.....like obtaining a lard ass, headaches, breakdown in social skills, etc.

I don't watch television unless its a program I've specifically recorded for TIVO.  I don't watch television that has commercials and maybe watch 3hours of TV per week total.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
There are a considerable number of misconceptions about what we can see in terms of FPS because of the way the technology has been introduced.  Human eyes can see far greater than the estimated 30fps.  The reasons 20fps and 30fps get tossed around is because of the technology used to produce it (NTSC=30, Film =24fps, PAL=25fps), etc.

More info here...

Too much time in front of a TV or computer his its own problems.....like obtaining a lard ass, headaches, breakdown in social skills, etc.

I don't watch television unless its a program I've specifically recorded for TIVO.  I don't watch television that has commercials and maybe watch 3hours of TV per week total.

I have a lard ass, I get headaches, I don't have social skills (but on that one, I don't think I ever had social skills, so I'm not sure that they actually were "broken down").  So, besides being a dirty, dirty democrat, I have TMTV disease (Too Much TV).  That sounds like an STD.  Phil_in_Seattle, it's all your fault.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#19]
TVs are different because of the way the image is presented to you.

It's accurate to say that NTSC produces 30 new images per second but 60 times per second every other line   of the image is changed.  So each new image is painted onto the screen in a two step process-first the odd rows, then the even ones-so that at every point on the screen, things are locally changing at a rate of 60 times per second. In this way we do not discern the choppiness we would see if the image were refreshed all at once 30 times per second.

dwb.unl.edu/Teacher/NSF/C11/C11Links/www.ece.wpi.edu/infoeng/textbook/node71.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#20]
What-ever you do please do not investigate or have an open mind, "never question anything" and some wonder why the Socratic method is never mentioned these days.

Sleep  consume  money is your god government is good how many home runs did the seahawks get ?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What-ever you do please do not investigate or have an open mind, "never question anything" and some wonder why the Socratic method is never mentioned these days.

Sleep  consume  money is your god government is good how many home runs did the seahawks get ?

img348.imageshack.us/img348/4407/seizure9ca.gif

That image is a time-out-banning worthy offense.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

img348.imageshack.us/img348/4407/seizure9ca.gif

Strat, was that directed at me?                            ...  meanie
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

He did it for the good of the thread...

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He did it for the good of the thread...

THE COLORS.... they HURT.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gibby it didn't work.  I'm still attached to Philinseattle, but you wanna come over?  You're just so hansome and built....

I'd love to come over, but alas Phil and I have come to an agreement.  I will be nice or my nuts will meet his steele toe boot.

But I have been talking to my wife and I think she might be joining our ranks.  I think it was the mention of the search function so she can keep tabs on me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love to come over, but alas Phil and I have come to an agreement.  I will be nice or my nuts will meet his steele toe boot.

But I have been talking to my wife and I think she might be joining our ranks.  I think it was the mention of the search function so she can keep tabs on me.

Sounds like my man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top