Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2006 2:19:47 PM EDT
I was at the Post Office and my bank near the Walmart in College Station with my 2 kids.  We drove back home (5 min drive) and as we pulled up in the driveway I looked up in the sky over my subdivision and saw a Tornado forming.  I mean big-time rotation, but nothing on the ground yet.  The Tornado fully formed an dropped out of the clouds at the bank and Post office I was just at!  Deux Chene apartments got torn up.  Injuries reported.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
snagged these from another board

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was at the Post Office and my bank near the Walmart in College Station with my 2 kids.  We drove back home (5 min drive) and as we pulled up in the driveway I looked up in the sky over my subdivision and saw a Tornado forming.  I mean big-time rotation, but nothing on the ground yet.  The Tornado fully formed an dropped out of the clouds at the bank and Post office I was just at!  Deux Chene apartments got torn up.  Injuries reported.

I used to live in a duplex right across 2818 from the Deux Chene apts before I moved to SA... amazing how close it was to where I used to live.  

Ishootpics - What board were those pics from?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I live very near the the businesses in the pictures.  Lucky me, I am home sick with the flu, I would have been safer at work today.  It was pretty scary there for a minute or two.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
We where at Texas and George Bush when it hit, boy was it some thing to see.
DRJ
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll save ya'll the time looking for it, but you know that was caused by global warming; hock.gif
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother and sister in law live across the street from the walmart & the aprtment above them was destroyed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Weather is wierd... I'm sitting maybe eight miles away in Bryan, and all we got was lots of rain! Sorry to hear about the damage you guys had on your end of town.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got to College Station yesterday, here for a hog hunt.  Then the sky started turning green.  So much for southern hospitality!!

Hadn't heard about the injuries, hope nobody was hurt bad.  I heard the Petsmart roof got hit pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:12:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Wife & I just got home....we had been at the NAPA auto parts earlier.

Hey, BadSVT.... did you guys have any damage at the gun emporium?????

ya'll take care....TexasAg
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#11]
nah the shop was fine.  The boss' truck had a window blown in, my truck had a broken side view mirror, and everyone else's truck got blown sideways by about 8 inches.  People just kept on shooting and didn't even notice but the people in the lobby were freaked out since the wind sucked the door open and we had to bolt all the doors shut,  
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#12]
wow... crazyness

glad all you guys are ok.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Stay safe ag's!

EPOCH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top