Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2005 5:49:42 PM EDT
I don't know why, but for the past week or so I have had the real need to buy a Yugo SKS.  It has been all I have been thinking about.  I don't know why, I just want one.

I did see in this past Sundays Dunhams sales ad that they have them for $129.99.  I feel that that is a decent price and one that I am willing to pay.  But,  with this weekends show in Birch Run I am wondering if I should wait to check them out there.

I haven't been to a show in quite a while and I don't know what the price range is at the show.  Anyone know a ball park price?  

Thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
ive seen them $89 to $189 depending on fit and finish millitary surplus in lapeer has some not sure how much he had two with consecutive seirial no but he sold them. is 129 a sale price at dumd dumds i thought i seen them for 89 there awile ago may want too ask if there gonna go back on sale???
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The Yugo SKS is fun to shoot and ammo is relatively inexpensive.

Shop around for the best price.  It you want a shooter grade then you can get one for under $100.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one at dunhams about two months ago by chance i walked in (was looking for tennis shoes), had a ton of cosmo on it took a chance and bought it, really could'nt see the finish but the wood was in awesome shape, brought it home cleaned the shit out of it, it looks brand spankin new $106.00 out the door. it was on sale no sling and no pouches. My hint about dunhams is if your nice and play a little politics (kiss ass) you get what you want, i go to the one in west bloomfield, last time i was in there...bought an M44 for $79.99 the lady went in the back brought out three more, i picked the best between the four and again it looks unissued.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:27:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Go mine for $99 back at the begining of April.

$129 ain't bad, but hold off for them to go on sale again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I went and look at the ones in the Flint store.  They had 8 out in the show case.  I looked at every one that they had out.  Half had the typical surplus POS stock.  Most had some rust in the barrel bore, one had so much rust that you could not see the lands or grooves.  Told the guy that I would try looking at the Burton store later in the week.

The guy said that next week they would be on sale for $119.  Still don't know if it would be such a great deal.  

Guess I'll look at the Burch Run show this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
me too, just for shits and grins
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Was going to go to Burch Run this morning but the wife had other plans.

I have something going on tomorrow morning, so I hope I can make it in the early afternoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top