Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 10:12:50 AM EDT
I had to eat a very big crow this morning. I'm driving down the street this morning on my way to church, my wife is in the car with me. I pull up to an intersection and get in the left turn lane with my turn signal on. The light turns green and there is another car coming from the opposite direction that appears to be going straight through so I sit there waiting for the car to move. The driver waves me through to make a left turn in front of her. I don't want to do it because she has the right of way and if I turn left and get hit I'm at fault no matter what. So we just sit there waving at each other trying to get the other person to move first. In exasperation I get pissed off and flip this lady the middle finger much to my wife's chagrin. The lady in the other car follows me into the church parking lot, you see she was going to church too, in fact the same one I was going to. The problem was that her turn signal was broken so she was trying to wave me through. I had to appologize to her for fipping her the finger. That was very embarassing for me. What was even more embarassing was that part of today's sermon was about how we deal with stressfull situations and not do things that we might regret later! My wife asked me if i was still going to flip people the finger when I'm driving. My reply was "yes, but I just won't do it in my neighborhood!"
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Slow learners are entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
If your preacher did not have you begging to cut your middle off by the end of the serman he is a lightweight and you need a new preacher.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Slow learners are entertaining.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#6]
DOH!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The things that will remind one to stay humble are many.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#8]
And the moral of this story is.........?  As long as we learn from our mistakes.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If your preacher did not have you begging to cut your middle off by the end of the serman he is a lightweight and you need a new preacher.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#10]
PWNED!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Should have drawn down on her for not having functioning turn signals.

Honestly, if she told me that she knew she didn't have functioning turn signals I would flipped her the bird again and called her a moron for not fixing her vehicle.

After reading the title I was thinking that your depends didn't hold up....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Honestly, if she told me that she knew she didn't have functioning turn signals I would flipped her the bird again and called her a moron for not fixing her vehicle.

I drove my car for a while without a turn signal because I smashed it. It's not that hard to just use hand signals. The woman's lack of making a proper hand signal justified the bird.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Discretion is the better part of valor.

I agree some encouragement and lesson teaching from the pulpit is a great thing, but open berating your congregation leaves you unemployed as well.

I attended a church through a split. That asshat made me look liberal. His mistake was berating a sweet young lady everyone loved for wearing pants to shovel snow in.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I drove my car for a while without a turn signal because I smashed it. It's not that hard to just use hand signals. The woman's lack of making a proper hand signal justified the bird.

Two wrongs do not equal a right.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two wrongs do not equal a right.

Three lefts do though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I attended a church through a split. That asshat made me look liberal. His mistake was berating a sweet young lady everyone loved for wearing pants to shovel snow in.

Galations 5-
14 For the entire law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your associate as yourself." 15 Now if you are biting and devouring one another, beware that you may not be consumed by one another.
16 Now I am saying, Walk in spirit, and you should under no circumstances be consummating the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh is lusting against the spirit, yet the spirit against the flesh. Now these are opposing one another, lest you should be doing whatever you may want.
18 Now, if you are led by spirit, you are not still under law.
19 Now apparent are the works of the flesh, which are adultery, prostitution, uncleanness, wantonness,
20 idolatry, enchantment, enmities, strife, jealousies, furies, factions, dissensions, sects,
21 envies, murders, drunkennesses, revelries, and the like of these, which, I am predicting to you, according as I predicted also, that those committing such things shall not be enjoying the allotment of the kingdom of God.
22 Now the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 meekness, self-control: against such things there is no law.
24 Now those of Christ Jesus crucify the flesh together with its passions, and lusts.
25 If we may be living in spirit, in spirit we may be observing the elements also.
26 We may not become vainglorious, challenging one another, envying another.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galations 5-
14 For the entire law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your associate as yourself." 15 Now if you are biting and devouring one another, beware that you may not be consumed by one another.
16 Now I am saying, Walk in spirit, and you should under no circumstances be consummating the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh is lusting against the spirit, yet the spirit against the flesh. Now these are opposing one another, lest you should be doing whatever you may want.
18 Now, if you are led by spirit, you are not still under law.
19 Now apparent are the works of the flesh, which are adultery, prostitution, uncleanness, wantonness,
20 idolatry, enchantment, enmities, strife, jealousies, furies, factions, dissensions, sects,
21 envies, murders, drunkennesses, revelries, and the like of these, which, I am predicting to you, according as I predicted also, that those committing such things shall not be enjoying the allotment of the kingdom of God.
22 Now the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 meekness, self-control: against such things there is no law.
24 Now those of Christ Jesus crucify the flesh together with its passions, and lusts.
25 If we may be living in spirit, in spirit we may be observing the elements also.
26 We may not become vainglorious, challenging one another, envying another.

Damn, I guess I'm really screwed for flipping that lady the finger on my way to church!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top