Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 5:20:52 PM EDT
Well... I bit the bullet and bought one finally from a local dealer here in Salem.

its a Stag 15 model 3 and its awesome... and here is a pic of it with only 60 rounds fired.  

It is everything I thought it would be  http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myar15jv6.jpgStupid imageshack hosting

WOOHOOOO! HEHE
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Woot
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a lot Justin... yeh thats my rifle guys ahahahaa

its great
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice, what's the plan for a sight, or optic?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Met  the owners of Stag. Nice folks. Guys got expensive taste.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats on the new baby!!!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Going to be hard to hit anything with that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
well flip up irons for now but I have no idea which ones to get.
This rifle will receive a Noveske barrel some time in the future. I am going for varmit killin more so than tactical setup at least for this upper build.

So I am going to need a scope right?

anybody ever heard anything about these guys?

Counter Sniper

They seem to have some great reviews.
What company makes them?
whats the big difference between a 42mm objective and a 50mm in terms of performance (scope info in general)

Thanks all

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked one up today.  I will bring her home tomorrow.

I just could not wait for an upper so I went and picked up a complete rifle at  SM guns in Eugene.  I am having a trigger job done and the foreend switched out to a free float.

Any one in the Eugene area in need of an AR should stop in there.   They have more black rifles in there than ever before.  I know some people don;t like the place.  But they are local and I like to support the local guys.

Pics to come when I get her home.

Darin
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Congrats

I'm partial to TROY BUIS
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

whats the big difference between a 42mm objective and a 50mm in terms of performance (scope info in general)

I believe the larger the objective the more light it can capture.  The tube diameter also comes into play.  Then there is the field of view.  Shit I'll wait till someone who knows how to say it better comes in and corrects me
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the larger the objective the more light it can capture.  The tube diameter also comes into play.  Then there is the field of view.  Shit I'll wait till someone who knows how to say it better comes in and corrects me

A larger objective lens will allow more light through, but will only be most noticeable during lower light conditions.  The size of the tube doesn't really affect light transmission, but may allow larger intermediate lenses which will.  

Larger tubes and lenses also add weight to the scope.  Honestly, with a carbine style rifle, I wouldn't go larger than a 3-9x42.  Don't think the larger magnification or lenses is important.  But then again, it ain't my gun.  If you think you need it, get whatcha need.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A larger objective lens will allow more light through, but will only be most noticeable during lower light conditions.  The size of the tube doesn't really affect light transmission, but may allow larger intermediate lenses which will.  

Larger tubes and lenses also add weight to the scope.  Honestly, with a carbine style rifle, I wouldn't go larger than a 3-9x42.  Don't think the larger magnification or lenses is important.  But then again, it ain't my gun.  If you think you need it, get whatcha need.

I concur.......aks yourself honestly, how far away do you expect to be shooting things with it. Not "what I wish I could do", but an honest, no-shit asessment. You will probably find it to be <300 yards.  Then you have to ask, "Do I really need a 16x scope for 300yds??"  

YMMV
Bill
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I concur.......aks yourself honestly, how far away do you expect to be shooting things with it. Not "what I wish I could do", but an honest, no-shit asessment. You will probably find it to be <300 yards.  Then you have to ask, "Do I really need a 16x scope for 300yds??"  

YMMV
Bill

+1
listen to what he said
I have a 3-9x40 on my AR, and it's more than enough for 300 yd shots.  I've made shots over 500 yds with it before.
I suggest getting a Leupold.  you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...at my personal range

Your personal range...

I’ve gotta get on to I-5 for that.

Congrats on the rifle.

I’d also recommend something like a 3x9 or fixed 4x or 6x to start with for your new rifle. Check ePay see what’s out there in the Leupold and Nikon flavors.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This rifle will receive a Noveske barrel some time in the future. I am going for varmit killin more so than tactical setup at least for this upper build.

Counter Sniper

What company makes them?

Thanks all

That looks pretty cool.  If you get one give us a range report.  I'm interested in how precise the adjustment knobs are.  Can you shoot, dial it up and over several inches shoot and with the same number of clicks back shoot one right on top of the first.

I imagine there is a name for this process but I don't know what it's called.  I would like to get a lit reticle, hig power varmint scope at a reasonable price.  I received a Nikon Buckmaster 4-18 X 40 as a gift.  I think that's what it is.  It has nice target knobs and can be adjusted and put back with great repeatability.  It was only $300.  I found out while varmint hunting this last summer that a lit reticle would be best.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Counter Sniper

What company makes them?

Thanks all

They tend to get flamed in the "Optics" section as re-branded Korean junk.  Like this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top