Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:05:30 AM EDT
I have been wanting one of these rifles for yrs.  I was inquiring about the ammo 2 weeks ago on another board and one of the members IMed me with an offer I couldn't refuse.   I got the rifle and 400rnds for $385.00.  It came in the mail on Friday I have a C&R so it was sent to my front door.  I'm hoping to shoot it this weekend.  Through another set of events I have another one coming that is virtually unfired and in mint condition.  I figured I would use the beater one for a coyote setup that I can mount my night vision on and keep the other for the collection.  
If  you are not familiar with this rifle it was the first to use the gas bleedoff through a tube to reset the action like the M-16.  Both of the rifles I have are in the 7.5 French.  Yes, they are ugly looking but I have found myself strangely attracted to thier look.  Anyway, I will post picks when I get the second one in, and hopfully give a range report next week.
For those that looking you can find them between $250.00-$500.00 just thought I would share this with you all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
We need some pics!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a pic the rounds at the bottom are 7.5 French, .308/7.62X51NATO, and .223/5.56mm.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool.  Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#4]
so i am guessing the action gets just as dirty while firing as an AR, yeah, great idea Stoner, lets have the exhaust hit all the working parts
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
You are correct it does poop where it shoots, but as you noticed the area  around the bolt carrier is open like the action on a M-14 thus allowing the debrie to exit the working parts with little henderance to the operation of the rifle.  This also, lets you wipe it down very easly if it does become to fauled.  Unlike, the stoner and M-16 where the fauling doesn't exit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
so i am guessing the action gets just as dirty while firing as an AR, yeah, great idea Stoner, lets have the exhaust hit all the working parts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ljungman
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
most gas does exit out of the gas releif holes in the bolt carrier on m16/ar15. thats why stoner called it self regulating, any excess gas is blead out those holes. the residue thats left in the upper is a very small % but it does accumulate. some act like it deposits ''all' residue in the bolt locking lug area were it could build up and cause problems. my ar's will shoot more ammo than i can carry before they get sluggish and then a shot of clp in the carrier raceway will get me by for hundreds more untill i can clean it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top