Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2013 12:52:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not surprised. The powers that be are not at all happy that they are being forced to allow the "commoners" to carry loaded firearms. They will drag it out as long as they can. The only hope for real change in this state is to replace "the powers that be". We need to work for different faces in the state legislature if we hope to gain any ground in this fight. That starts at the local level.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, I was at Deb's in Hammond yesterday and asked them about their plans for an IL CCW class.  They said they have one instructor certified already, although I don't really see how this is possible.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course they're going to take the maximum amount of time and probably more. That's what this is about -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_23/532956_First_challenge_to_new_CCW_law_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not surprised. The powers that be are not at all happy that they are being forced to allow the "commoners" to carry loaded firearms. They will drag it out as long as they can. The only hope for real change in this state is to replace "the powers that be". We need to work for different faces in the state legislature if we hope to gain any ground in this fight. That starts at the local level.
View Quote

You'll never replace the Shitcago mob as long as they have two large cemetary's full of voters.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll never replace the Shitcago mob as long as they have two large cemetary's full of voters.

Maybe we could Remap these cemetarys and throw these bums out
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I called this before the law was passed, who controls the head of the ISP? Oh that's right Mr Potato head Quinn.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I called this before the law was passed, who controls the head of the ISP? Oh that's right Mr Potato head Quinn.
View Quote

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I seem to recall that the head of the ISP is a long Chicago police dept political hack hand picked by Mike Madigan. I do not believe he is a Quinn man.

A lot of how this shakes out is still entirely dependent on Madigan. I do not have ESP, so unlike others who are making all kinds of unsupportable claims about what will and won't happen, I know that I just do not know. I am pretty sure that even Madigan cannot make the courts accept the idea that what the bill actually says is not what it really means, despite numerous claims to that effect from some people.

Some of the poorly constructed language might even benefit us, but again, it mostly depends on things completely outside of our control.

It occurred to me the other day that the 6 months or more delay before applications are even accepted might be a good thing. It gives people who are a little farther removed from the situation time to look at it.

On balance having the ISP process and issue the licenses is probably a better choice than having the sheriffs involved in it. This way we only have one set of rules and practices to sue over instead of 103 (102 sheriffs plus the ISP) that previous bills had.

I am going to be especially curious to find out how the ISP implements the provisions of the law that allows LE to protest issuance of a license to a specific person. There is nothing in the bill that specifically requires or even allows the ISP to notify a LE agency that someone has even applied so how would a LE agency even know to protest?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Regardless of Madigan the directors are picked by the governor. Except for the secretary of state which Jessie controls.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Regardless of Madigan the directors are picked by the governor. Except for the secretary of state which Jessie controls.
View Quote

No. they are nominated by the governor. there is a substantial difference.

Quinn had picked some 26 YO kid off the street with no experience at all that could not get confirmed IIRC.

While I am not thrilled with Grau as the choice, he does have a lot of experience as a police administrator. Much better than someone that had no experience at all in the field whatsoever.

I suspect there was a meeting of the minds and Quinn was told who the acceptable candidate was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top