Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2003 12:39:21 PM EDT
ICHV: Don't Give Special Protections to the Gun Industry

Senator Fitzgerald needs to hear from YOU! Urge him to SUPPORT A FILIBUSTER OF S. 659 and IN U.S. SENATE.

U.S. Senator Peter Fitzgerald (R-IL)
    Washington DC: 202-224-2854
    Chicago Office: 312-886-3506

Our Legal System Says "Equal Protection Under Law" -- But Congress Wants Special Protection for the Gun Industry.

The gun lobby is pushing for special treatment by Congress in the form of Senate Resolution 659 (S. 659). This bill gives gun makers and sellers special protection that no other industry or business has by granting them legal immunity from lawsuits, including cases when they acted negligently or knowingly broke the law...

More at...

http://www.jointogether.org/gv/news/alerts/reader/0,2061,567453,00.html

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
So you want to let the anti-gun crowd keep trying to bankrupt the gun industry by filing junk lawsuits?

No thanks, I'm all for S.659 as long as people still have recourse if the gun was defective from the factory(broken safety, misaligned cyl. etc.)

Are yo going to sue Chevy because some drunk idiot hit you daughter with his Camaro?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So you want to let the anti-gun crowd keep trying to bankrupt the gun industry by filing junk lawsuits?

No thanks, I'm all for S.659 as long as people still have recourse if the gun was defective from the factory(broken safety, misaligned cyl. etc.)

Are yo going to sue Chevy because some drunk idiot hit you daughter with his Camaro?

Dude, I'm on your side; I'm 110% for S 659. Just thought I'd let you Illinois guys know about this so you could contact Fitzgerald with a counter-offensive. (Hell, I don't even live in Il).

As of now we need 5 more votes in order to block Feinsteins and Schumers anticipated filibuster.

I think there's something like 6 or 7 Republican
Senators who haven't cosponsored S 659. One of them is Lincoln Chaffe (R) RI. He's a major gun-grabber so count him out. That leaves 5 or 6
Repub Senators. That's why Fitzgeralds vote is crucial.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad, I misread your post.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I already wrote him, and got a form letter response. I suspect he's not on our side on this one. Since he's not seeking reelection, I suspect there's little chance he'll change his mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top