Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/20/2005 1:57:35 AM EDT
Is it legal? How bout for coyotes? I've tried looking at ODFWs website but cant really find anything.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:53:29 PM EDT
I know you can't hunt with full autos, but suppressors might be legal. Not sure.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:02:05 PM EDT
in texas you can hunt "non-game animals"
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:09:18 PM EDT
I just re-read the firearms restrictions in the hunting regulations and there is no mention of suppressors being prohibited on centerfire firearms or on any firearm for that matter. I would imagine it's technically legal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:57:48 PM EDT
I don't know about regular hunting, but I'm fairly certain farmers or their "agents", ie antbody they designate/give permission to, can use any weapon for certain harmful or predatory animals. There is a thread over on Uzitalk where somebody researched this and hunts jackrabbits w/his Uzi.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:54:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushwacker85:
I know you can't hunt with full autos, but suppressors might be legal. Not sure.

What about burst?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:19:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By azathoth:
I don't know about regular hunting, but I'm fairly certain farmers or their "agents", ie antbody they designate/give permission to, can use any weapon for certain harmful or predatory animals. There is a thread over on Uzitalk where somebody researched this and hunts jackrabbits w/his Uzi.

The guy works over here in OC, I'm hoping to tag along with him one of these days. I've never seen so many jackrabbits whacked.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:57:56 PM EDT
For non-game animals anything goes unless the law has changed in the last 3 years. Full auto and suppresed for coyotes and sage rats. Call OSP to make sure.
Top Top