Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/28/2004 1:56:01 PM EDT
I was just told you don't need a hunting license to hunt on private property in Virginia, is this true? Comes from avid hunter, has he just been lucky to not get caught yet?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:30:45 PM EDT
im not to sure about Virginia, but with CT you do need a hunting license. unless your part of a hunting club.

sorry if it dosent help

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:39:54 PM EDT
From the VDGIF Website:

All persons, except those listed below, must purchase the proper licenses before hunting or trapping.

Resident or non-resident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner’s parents, resident or non-resident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish within the boundaries of their own lands and inland waters.
Tenants, on the land they rent and occupy, are not required to have a license, but must have the written permission of the landowner.
Residents, 65 years of age and over, do not need a license to hunt or trap on private property in their county of residence.
Residents under the age of 12 are not required to obtain a license to hunt provided they are accompanied and directly supervised within sight of an adult who has a valid Virginia hunting license on their person.
Any person who is not hunting, but is aiding a disabled person to hunt when such disabled person possesses a valid Virginia Disabled Resident Lifetime hunting license or a Virginia Resident Disabled Veteran Lifetime license is not required to have a license.
Any Indian who "habitually" resides on an Indian reservation or a member of the Virginia recognized tribes who resides in the Commonwealth is not required to have a license; however, such Indian must have on his person an identification card or paper signed by the chief of his tribe, a valid tribal identification card, written confirmation through a central tribal registry, or certification from a tribal office.


Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:59:23 PM EDT
Unless you are the landowner of said private property, you DO need a license.
Top Top