Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 8:23:49 AM EDT

I wondering about the license.  MD DNR says $140 for Reciprocal license with VA.  But I can find nothing on the VA DNR site about a MD reciprocal license.

You would at least think they would say they accept it.  When I search VA DNR for "reciprocal" all I get is fishing.

Most of my hunting will be in MD since that is where I am from and all my spots are...and where my hunting buddy is and my parents house AKA the hunting lodge is.  An out of state license is $130....but the reciprocal is $140.  So I might as well spend the extra $10 in case I go in VA.  But VA says nothing about it.

Anyone get the MD reciprocal license?????
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of any reciprocal license agreement with any state.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Of MD DNR web site.
www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/license.asp

Full Season Hunting License
Allows you to hunt or trap all legal game birds and mammals in season without the need for additional stamps, except: (1) deer during bow season; (2) deer during muzzleloader season; and (3) migratory game birds. A Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp may also be used with these licenses.

Resident Regular Hunting License...$24.50
(Age 16 to 64)

Resident Junior Hunting License...$10.50
(Under 16 years of age, written permission from parent or guardian required)

Resident Senior Hunting License...$5.00
(Age 65 and above, may purchase in the calendar year in which a resident attains the age of 65.)

Holders of Senior Lifetime Consolidated Licenses
This license type has been eliminated, but persons who already have this license are “grandfathered” and do not need to purchase the Senior Hunting License, Bow or Muzzleloader Stamps. However, they must buy a Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp to hunt a bonus antlered deer or a Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp to hunt migratory game birds.

Nonresident Hunting License...$130.00 or reciprocal
(Nonresidents of Maryland must present a valid driver’s license or voter’s card, or resident hunting license to establish residency. Nonresidents under the age of 16 must also have written permission from a parent or legal guardian.)

Reciprocal Nonresident
Hunting License Fees

Delaware $86.00
Pennsylvania $101.00
Virginia $140.00
West Virginia $135.00

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
And what I am asking is if anyone has got it before.  Because I can't find anythging about it on the VA DNR website.  Which worries me.  Cause MD and VA don't have the best communication skills with eachother.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The cost is $130 or they will reciprocate the non-resident fees of the state you're coming from.  Hence, VA residents pay more for an out of state MD license because that is what VA charges MD residents to hunt here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The cost is $130 or they will reciprocate the non-resident fees of the state you're coming from.  Hence, VA residents pay more for an out of state MD license because that is what VA charges MD residents to hunt here.

So does it let me hunt in both states??
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So does it let me hunt in both states??

Nope.  The reciprocal part is not in regards to hunting rights.  It is in regard to the fees.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want to hunt in both states, you have to have licenses for both.
If you have MD driver's license, MD would be your home state.
Then you would need to get an out-of-state for VA.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Well.......crap.

Looks like I'm paying $140 to hunt in MD this year.  I better get a nice deer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top