Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 7/23/2018 3:23:30 PM EDT
Working on turning a small portion of the property into a deer plot.

With a neighbor, starting July 4th, the plot was cut down and roundup used.

Feeder was put out and filled with corn (will be removed hunting season) camera placed.

After 16 days the plot was fertilized, limed and tilled.

Planting this week. We just caught sight of the 10 pointer from last year. This is the 2nd night in a row he's been here. 4 bucks now visiting nightly.

Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:09:13 PM EDT
Not sure what county you hunt in, but placing this for others:

MDC is expanding where you can feed deer: https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-expands-deer-feeding-ban-more-counties-response-cwd

Department’s CWD Management Zone where feeding deer and placing minerals for deer is restricted. The Zone consists of counties in or near where cases of the disease have been found. The 48 counties are: Adair, Barry, Benton, Bollinger, Boone, Callaway, Cape Girardeau, Carroll, Cedar, Chariton, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Franklin, Gasconade, Grundy, Hickory, Jefferson, Knox, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Madison, McDonald, Mercer, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, Ozark, Perry, Polk, Putnam, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Warren, and Washington.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:14:31 PM EDT
Excellent thread OP. Let’s keep this one up. Keep the pics coming OP

I cleaned up a lot of brush and shooting lanes post season/winter of this year so I’m anxious for bow season this fall. I like to wait until it turns colder so mid-late Oct through November for me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/23/2018 4:36:09 PM EDT by MateFrio]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ziegenbock:

MDC is expanding where you can feed deer: https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-expands-deer-feeding-ban-more-counties-response-cwd

Department's CWD Management Zone where feeding deer and placing minerals for deer is restricted. The Zone consists of counties in or near where cases of the disease have been found. The 48 counties are: Adair, Barry, Benton, Bollinger, Boone, Callaway, Cape Girardeau, Carroll, Cedar, Chariton, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Franklin, Gasconade, Grundy, Hickory, Jefferson, Knox, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Madison, McDonald, Mercer, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, Ozark, Perry, Polk, Putnam, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Warren, and Washington.
View Quote
I do not live\hunt nor am I establishing this plot in any of those counties. Thanks for the heads up though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:54:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MateFrio:
I do not live\hunt nor am I establishing this plot in any of those counties. Thanks for the heads up though.
View Quote
Ya, I'm not a conservation agent , but I did just read about this getting expanded to some new counties. Just about everybody I know, puts feed out or a salt block, but it's a class A misdemeanor now if caught and for good reason...we need to find a cure for this CWD shit. I don't think there is a case of it yet being transmitted from deer to human, but who would want to be the first.

Link Posted: 7/23/2018 5:20:39 PM EDT
I like where you placed that plot. Good staging area, just before dark.

Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:17:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/24/2018 11:51:39 AM EDT by MateFrio]
Video of the deer plot. It was planted today.

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 4:09:53 PM EDT
^ cool video

I too am just starting out with some land and trying to learn all I can.

Not only about your food plot but also your drone.

I have been thinking that having one would make a lot of sense for me on my place.

Anything you can share would be very welcome.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:37:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2018 8:39:00 PM EDT by Shootindave]
Wish I had a spot like that. Not very much huntable public land in MO.

Is your avatar the Liger that was at the Eureka Springs place? Hard to forget that face,

Dave
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 6:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2018 8:41:33 PM EDT by MateFrio]
They're still coming to the feeder. Got some good rain in today so I hope the seeds that were planted start to get going.

The weather also seems to have pushed this guy into the daylight hours. Taken at 8am.

edit to add I went out to check out how the seeding went first hand.

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:19:29 PM EDT
Nice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:41:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ziegenbock:

Department’s CWD Management Zone where feeding deer and placing minerals for deer is restricted. The Zone consists of counties in or near where cases of the disease have been found. The 48 counties are: Adair, Barry, Benton, Bollinger, Boone, Callaway, Cape Girardeau, Carroll, Cedar, Chariton, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Franklin, Gasconade, Grundy, Hickory, Jefferson, Knox, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Madison, McDonald, Mercer, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, Ozark, Perry, Polk, Putnam, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Warren, and Washington.
View Quote
Lol. Yeah, I'll get right on removing my mineral sites.

Today I moved a ladder stand and pulled my camera card. We don't get a lot of monsters where I'm at in Macon County, but I'll be watching for this guy:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:37:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DetrhoytMAK:

Lol. Yeah, I'll get right on removing my mineral sites.

Today I moved a ladder stand and pulled my camera card. We don't get a lot of monsters where I'm at in Macon County, but I'll be watching for this guy:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347339/STC_0153-623568.JPG
View Quote
Nice! That a stick stuck in his horns?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 1:02:10 PM EDT
Nice! That a stick stuck in his horns?
View Quote
I thought so at first, but it's just a dead limb sticking out behind him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:10:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2018 2:11:51 PM EDT by MateFrio]
Coons are getting big off the corn.

Where's my corn?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:46:13 PM EDT
Coons are getting big off the corn.

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/2167/gEgo2g.jpg

Where's my corn?
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/5485/Fw8RB0.jpg
View Quote