Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2004 8:04:59 PM EDT
Apparently according to CT law I need a hunting permit or a CCW to buy firearms through private sales.  For awhile I just said screw it and bought from shops, but recently I've seen great private sale prices.  I'm a few months to young to get a CCW permit and I've having a hard time finding "hunters safety" classes which are needed to get a hunting permit here.  Anyone know of courses, preferably in the fairfield county (south west)?.  Please help.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked the tacked threads for sportsman or gun clubs to contact?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the DEP website for a list of classes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
PhatForrest, thanks for the advice, I was able to find courses pretty quickly on the DEP site
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
You can check with the town clerks office in your town for info on hunters safety classes. BobK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top