Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 7:22:06 PM EDT
Howdy!  

Seattle is quite nice.  Still could not meet the locals because of all the moving stuff and settling down.  Hopefully soon.

BTW... how's Atlanta lately?  I'll try to fly in during the Labor Day weekend.   Any event planned?

Cheers!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Howdy!  

Seattle is quite nice.  Still could not meet the locals because of all the moving stuff and settling down.  Hopefully soon.

BTW... how's Atlanta lately?  I'll try to fly in during the Labor Day weekend.   Any event planned?

Cheers!

Hey Rossi what's shakin'?
I am glad to hear Seattle is nice.
I don't know if anything is planned for Labor Day.
Kepp us informed on how things are going.
Take care.

ARH

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey dude! Glad to hear that it is going well. Be careful up there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh sure...having a nice time without us, huh?  I see how you are!  

Glad to hear everything is well.  But do they have mice in WA?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally saw some rain here this past weekend.   Radio said it was a "storm".   If that drizzle was a storm Atlanta's rain would be the deluge.  

Plans for Labor Day are firm.  I'll try to book the flight during this week.

Did not see mice here yet.  But did not have time to.  Too busy reading a lot of stuff.  Also have to prepare to take BICSI's RCDD certification, which will require a lot of brain's dead cells to recover somehow...  

And did not become a Liberal yet.  

Let me know if any of you have plans to come here.  Place it really gorgeous.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey no fair infiltrating one GAian at a time into WA!

Too late... infiltration phase complete.   Main invasion starting at any time...  

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad everything is going good for ya. WA is a beautiful state. I might be up there NEXT JULY . Inlaws 40th Wedding anivesary.  Yes Wa is a liberal state. But there's anough rednecks there to make you feel at home well anough. Get out and injoy the state when you can. Go ahead and get you CCW permit started also.  I really like Seattle. I lived about 40 miles south of there for a couple of years. The Redclay called me back home though. But now Im being relocated to NC.... :(  
You will get use to the rain, rain rain , rian,   rain, rain rain, . Get out in it  ... Have fun and don't give in to them sandle wearing , flower pushing commie ,pinko fags.......    WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
But there's anough rednecks there to make you feel at home well anough.

You rang.......?

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I feel that it is only fair to warn you that the BDF is currently triangulating your position. Please do not resist the repatriation team when they arrive.

Talking about some boyscouts I run off my backyard?  

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wouldn't correct Georgibonics be "runned off my backyard"?

Too long there...  OK... "chased off my backyard"...  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#14]
So what part of Seattle did you settle into?  I lived in the U-district for about a year while I was on a "temporary" assignment for the the company that occupies the only tall building in the area.  The rain is nothing like it is advertised...yeah it rains almost everyday at some point but it never seems to rain more than 1/4 inch at a time.  You can easily spot the tourists, just look for the ones carrying umbrellas.  

It is a beautiful state with all kinds of recreational opportunities, be sure to head up to Vancouver and Victoria.  If you go to Victoria, take the ferry over to the Olympic National Forest and drive through the park (runs along the water a good portion of the trip) to the ferry to Victoria.  It's a great trip.

Scot
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Seattle and the surronding area is really God's country. Temperate year round. Mountains an hour away. Ocean right there. Desert a short drive. I never experienced the rain like people complain about.

My only gripe about the area is the over-prevalence of cannibis and everyone who moves there in my experience seems to become obsessed with the State's main agricultural produce.

Compared to permacloudfrost in February in IL the rain is nothing to complain about. Awesome music scene, and the natives are into guns big time, at least in the burbs.

What do you do that they did a relo package for you Rossi?

JW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top