Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:22:21 AM EDT
I wrote six lettes today

Churchil, Geo Karis, Chapa, Acevedo and Burke.

How Many did you write?

JR
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#1]
ive only written two.  i tried suggesting that someone write a letter we all can fill in the blanks and mass mail our reps/governer/anyone who cares or can make a difference.  hopefully someone with some knowledge of the subject and knows how to use the shift key.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#2]
here ya go............................

Dear Representative:

When the House considers legislation to ban semi-automatics and .50
caliber firearms (House Bill 2414), I would ask you, in the strongest
terms, to oppose this contemptible piece of legislation.

Unlike federal legislation, HB 2414 would unconstitutionally require
Illinoisans to destroy their semi-automatics and .50 caliber firearms
without any compensation whatsoever.

If these guns can be banned on the premise that they are too big,
then does this mean that our big bore hunting rifles will be next on
the chopping block?

Several government studies have clearly shown that the banning of
firearms has absolutely no relation to reductions in crime.

Rather, semi-automatic firearms are used hundreds of thousands of
times every year by law-abiding Americans for preventing crime.

Please vote against this bill.

Sincerely,
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
118 minus the ones without contact info. 7 or 8 came back undeliverable and 2 or 3 responded that they will not forward the message until I include my phone number. I have called over 40 of them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Of course you have to give them contact info. Dont worry about it. It's part of standing up and being counted.

You should be registered to vote too.... If you are not your letter is USELESS. They check to see if you are in their district.

JR

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Of course you have to give them contact info. Dont worry about it. It's part of standing up and being counted.

You should be registered to vote too.... If you are not your letter is USELESS. They check to see if you are in their district.

JR

you couldnt be more right, they dont care how strongly you are opposed or for this bill if youre not in their district.  no matter what they say, it all comes down to votes and being in office.  there may be some honest people in office, that want to serve the people, but for the most part they can care less what you think if youre not in their district.  why else would they ask for contact info before they even try and take the time to explain how they feel about that bill.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have written 3 emails, and got a response on one. LINK TO THREAD

Still waiting to hear from the others.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I emailed them all today :

I already know your stand on HB2414, but I would ask that you oppose this bill. I know we will disagree with the views and points of this, however I enjoy the fine sport of shooting and would like to see it carry from generation to generation. This is OUR 2nd ammendment and to me its just as important as the rest of the ammendments. Is there a problem with guns and crime ? Yes I agree, but what about configuring a legislation about CRIME control. It seems to me that you take the law abiding citizens firearms, but do you expect the criminals to stand in a line with their illegal guns and hand them over ? I think not. We have the liberals,and the conservatives arguing back and forth, pro-gun/ anti-gun, come on now this OUR right to bear arms. I thought this was the UNITED States of America, so why cant we all get on the same page ?

IN THE REAL WORLD, HE WHO WANTS TO COMMIT A CRIME OF VIOLENCE HAS ALREADY CHOSE TO DO SO WITHIN HIS OWN HEART. GUN CONTROL WILL NOT SAVE US FROM THE CRIMINALS BEHAVIOR.

Please e-mail me with your stand on this issue and any other comments

Thank you,    Bob

Blago
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Emailed, snail mailed and called them all over the past week or so. Some favorable responses, some not so favorable and many more no responses...
I can't beleive anyone in their right mind could even consider this kind of legislation....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top