Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:52:31 PM EDT
I am looking for a good public range for me and my friend this coming weekend.  What do you think of it?  What is the fee?  Anything I need to know before going?  

Is there anything (public) better out there?

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
erm, Blue Trail is in Wallingford and there aren't any public ranges in Windsor. There is a club in Windsor though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
oops, you're right.  I think I just was remembering a "W" town when I posted.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
They charge 18 bucks plus 1 buck deposit for the target.

When I went, I was only allowed to shot 100yds with my AR15.  Their store is expensive too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the DEP range open yet in Marlborough, I personally haven't been, but its an option.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I just called on the range in Marlboro and it is opening on Saturday. The contact number is-Salmon River  (860) 295-9523. You have to call ahead for a reservation and it is free. They have stands and targets are 25m 50m 75m and 100m. BYO paper targets. We should try to get an ARFCOM day together.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just called on the range in Marlboro and it is opening on Saturday. The contact number is-Salmon River  (860) 295-9523. You have to call ahead for a reservation and it is free. They have stands and targets are 25m 50m 75m and 100m. BYO paper targets. We should try to get an ARFCOM day together.

Curt,
Where is this range in Marlboro? I got the 16 running mint and a shipment of 10,000 rounds. I am ready for a range day.. You talk to Collin lately??
See ya
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for a range day too, and I can bring the sten and a case of 9mm...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Info:

www.dep.state.ct.us/whatshap/press/2006/032806b.htm

Glastonbury Shooting Range Re-opens for 2006 Season

Weekend Hours Start April 8, 2006

The Department of Environmental Protection announced today that the Glastonbury Shooting Range will re-open for supervised public use starting Saturday, April 8, 2006. The range, located within the Meshomasic State Forest off Toll Gate Road in Glastonbury, has been in operation since 1980. The range will remain open through November 26, 2006, and will be staffed by seasonal DEP employees who are certified range safety officers.

Hours of operation will be from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays only. There is no fee to use the range. The range will be closed to public use during all other times and DEP Environmental Conservation Police officers will strictly enforce hours of operation. Reservations can be made by contacting the DEP Eastern District Headquarters in Marlborough at (860) 295-9523, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 p.m. A total of ten covered shooting positions are available during two periods: 10:00 am –noon and noon – 2:00 p.m. Target stands and backing will be provided at 25, 50, 75 and 100-yard distances. Shooters must supply their own targets and a means to attach them to the cardboard target backing such as tape or a staple gun. Only paper targets will be allowed and shooters should be reminded to bring eye and ear protection, which will be required. Rifle, pistols and muzzleloader rifles may be used. However, fully automatic weapons are not permitted. The site is handicapped accessible, including a specially designed shooting bench for wheelchair access and includes portable sanitary facilities. The range may be closed due to severe weather and staffing availability.

Federal funding for site improvements, range equipment and seasonal staffing was provided through Connecticut’s Hunter Education Program. Federal funds available to the states through the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act (commonly referred to as the Pittman-Robertson Act) are derived from a federal excise tax on firearms, ammunition and archery equipment. Connecticut receives a special allocation of federal funding that can be used for the construction, operation, maintenance and enhancement of public target and shooting ranges.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]
here is the info you guys need on the DEP range.

www.dep.state.ct.us/whatshap/press/2005/092805.htm

If we could reserve plenty of range space a range day would be fun! I dont know how the DEP staff  would be w/  rapid firehinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
haha sorry blaster!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha  check out the time posted. your a much faster typer than I
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top