Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 9:08:35 AM EDT
Is anyone else as embarrased as I am over the "Honorable" Senator from Minnesota closing his Washington DC office.  I guess we know that when things get tough he bails out.  Meanwhile the boys and girls in the sand boxes put on their boots, strap on flak jackets, pick up a rifle and head out on patrols with knowledge that danger truely does exist in their world.

So much for leadership!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree.  It makes all Minnesotans look like a bunch of pussies.  I suspect that he's playing to the crowd.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I agree.  It makes all Minnesotans look like a bunch of pussies.  I suspect that he's playing to the crowd.

to be honest we always though you were a bunch of pussies...

just kidding!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Mark Dayton is a head case......how that dumbass ever got elected is a wonder to me

Let me add:
I didn't vote for that Liberal piece of shit ................. damn, don't start stero typing Minnesotans
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree the only reason he is in office is because he has $$.  and money bought  his dumbass a seat in the senate.  what a disgrace
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe that this little stunt will open the door for either Mark Kennedy or  former Gov. candidate Brian Sullivan to take him head on.

Personally, I think Sullivan has a better chance. He has LOTS more money than dead-head-dayton, and has FAR more political support.

Sullivan and Kennedy have name recognition, but, Kennedy has experience. You just have to make sure that no matter what the outcome of the primaries, it doesn't leave the GOP "hobbled".
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to be honest we always though you were a bunch of pussies...

just kidding!

Come up here and tell me that when it's -30 and the wind chill is so cold your snot freezes
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#8]
HK940 we are a hearty bunch up here in MN!  What we lack in good taste in polititcos we make up in motivated voters! NOT  We have to put up with the good and weak politicos!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#9]
he was VOTED into office....BY MINNESOTANS!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I sure did not vote for him.  And, I wonder if all the psuedo Pro 2nd Amendments supporters had voted that he would have won?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

yeah, and Feingold was voted in by Wisconsinites.....we're even
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I only caught the headlines with this dofus saying he closed his office because he worried about his staff.(their safety)Do they get paid to not show up or did he shitcan them?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#13]
DAMN YOU!!!! confusing me with al this legal mumbo jumbo!!!

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, and Feingold was voted in by Wisconsinites.....we're even

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#14]
i'll take feingold over doyle.  i wish that douchebag wouldn't have been elected into office.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been in Minnesota all my life and it still baffles me as to how liberal our state is.  If you get out and talk to the people that are working, you would never get that feeling, but year after year we're electing trash like Dayton.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've been in Minnesota all my life and it still baffles me as to how liberal our state is.  If you get out and talk to the people that are working, you would never get that feeling, but year after year we're electing trash like Dayton.  

i feel the same about northern WI.  wtf???  it must be the unions.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i feel the same about northern WI.  wtf???  it must be the unions.

I don't mean to be politicaly incorrect but Minnesota has a great welfare program, if you know what I mean.  The unions don't help, but I think there is a fair amount of union labor that understand the "program" and are gun owners.  My wife works for the "Feds" which is typicaly a liberal sorounding but she votes concervative.  ????? I don't know, like the guy said though, it's embarrasing!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Ever see the blue/red map for Minnesota?  The ONLY counties that go democrat are the 7 county metro and St. Louis County (Duluth).  The reason is those counties contain the highest population of "people leeching off the system" for lack of a better description.  

It's welfare recipients that cause this state to go Dem in almost all elections.  I believe there is light at the end of the dark democrat tunnel though, with a cleanly elected republican governor, and Norm Coleman in the senate, that even though Wellstone would likely have won if he was still alive last election day, all the polls showed it was extremely close.

I think the working people of this state are sick of funding every liberal handout program, and they're voting their mind.  Spread the good word.  If we get more likeminded folks to the polls, maybe we can retake this state from the whiny leftist commy wienies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ever see the blue/red map for Minnesota?  The ONLY counties that go democrat are the 7 county metro and St. Louis County (Duluth).  The reason is those counties contain the highest population of "people leeching off the system" for lack of a better description.  

It's welfare recipients that cause this state to go Dem in almost all elections.  I believe there is light at the end of the dark democrat tunnel though, with a cleanly elected republican governor, and Norm Coleman in the senate, that even though Wellstone would likely have won if he was still alive last election day, all the polls showed it was extremely close.

I think the working people of this state are sick of funding every liberal handout program, and they're voting their mind.  Spread the good word.  If we get more likeminded folks to the polls, maybe we can retake this state from the whiny leftist commy wienies.

I think this state is starting to come around, I attribute some of that to  Joe Soucheray
and "Garage Logic" along with other talk radio on KSTP

GM
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#20]
You're right, the 7 county metro area has alot of union members that vote according to what the union wants, lots of people who live off the system, and probably the worse of them all is all the colleges (higher learning?) that fill our young people with Wellstone-ism. It is embarassing to see MN stick out like a blue island in the middle of the electoral map.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#22]
My most vivid memory of Wellstone was when the 1st Gulf War was getting ready to kick off he was crying when interviewed. My mother-in -law is retired from Metro U, you would not believe the crap that comes out of their mouths, I have a full time job trying to keep my family un-infected! Note to self: go to range and clear head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top