Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2008 2:09:31 PM EDT
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have been asked/given permission to create shirts for all the other Hometown forums. I have included a link to a response topic about the shirts I did for Team Florida for the last 3 years. I just need an idea of what you all think of having your own shirts.

In general I will most likely be using the state's official mammal as the mascot. I know there are a few states/HTF that have multiple states and official mammal. For you, I will try to include something that represents all of the states in the Hometown on one design.

I'm not taking orders yet... but I'm trying to get an idea of interest. The shirts will be offered in Black, Olive Drab and Sand, in sizes from Med.-5XL. I will be posting up the design as soon as they are ready.

All shirts will be pre-ordered and pre-paid as all others were done in Florida. The cost will be $20 per shirt + actual shipping via UPS.

Here's a link to the responses for the last 3 Team Florida shirts. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=309126

Here are the designs I've done for Team Florida:

Thanks for looking,
David

Mods, if you have any questions, IM me or the Big Guy for clearity.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Illinois should have Obama on it!  (use your imagination)
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yeah... but he's not a Mammal.

David
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Half honkey, all donkey.

In Illinois we need corn!
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
What about a pic of Lincoln holding an AR???
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Imagine a boot stepping on a human face, forever.

efxguy
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I like that idea! Along with a good 2A quote from honest Abe and I thing that may be a winner.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

great idea

or chief illiniwek with an AR

Link Posted: 6/9/2008 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Those are awesome! I'm in as long as Abraham Lincoln isn't on it. I don't share the common opinion of Abe.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Something with Chief Illiniwek and an AR sounds cool to me!
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

plus one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
How about Reagan....he was an Illinois boy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about Reagan....he was an Illinois boy.

There ya go!
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#14]
To bad we did'nt have an animal to use. The deer is not exactly a powerful inspiring vision. How about the monarch!

Wow, J/K everyone! I would'nt mind a character though like the Florida shirts.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I am in support of this
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I go with this IL native, born and raised
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I go with this IL native, born and raised
img129.imageshack.us/img129/8079/800pxcharltonhestoninthaf7.jpg

Ok who is going to photoshop an AR in his right hand with the words "Let my people go!"
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Who can argue with Moses!  instead of the staff put an AR in his hand!  (oops did not see post before mine)  Guess great minds think alike!

The saying would be "From my cold dead hands"  

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Those are awesome! I'm in as long as Abraham Lincoln isn't on it. I don't share the common opinion of Abe.

Obviously because you can read
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:05:11 AM EDT
[#20]
State slogan (or motto, I get them confused) is State Sovereignty, National Union.  We don't do it, but it kind of inspiring anyway.  Just a thought

Illiniwek or Reagan would be good
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Those who read history don't feel the same about Lincoln as those who write movies
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Those who read history don't feel the same about Lincoln as those who write movies

Ah, so you agree with my opinion?
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#24]
We actually talked about this a while back.  Any old timers have any or the artwork we were bouncing around ?    Marksman ?    If memory serves me correctly, it was a silhouette of Illinois with an AR across it.  I will have to try and find the drawings I had.
Although, the drawings of the Florida team are much nicer than my artwork   LOL
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
We actually talked about this a while back.  Any old timers have any or the artwork we were bouncing around ?    Marksman ?    If memory serves me correctly, it was a silhouette of Illinois with an AR across it.  I will have to try and find the drawings I had.
Although, the drawings of the Florida team are much nicer than my artwork   LOL

Those are cool designs
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#26]
tagged
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1 to that.  Screw the A-holes who got him removed!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I know a bunch of folks who would buy a shirt with The Chief on it.  Myself included.
Also like something with crossed rifles and the state of Illinois silhouette.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I would offer Ronnie Ray-gun.  

outside of the chief and ronnie there isn't much for this state. and I refuse to have anything that is linked to chicago on the shirt. but that is just me..
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#30]
NOT chief illiniwek.....

This isn't going to be a Univeristy of Illinois Team shirt, it will be a Illinois HTF shirt.  The chief has nothing to do with the STATE of Illinois, only the UNIVERSITY of Illinois.  A deer, some corn, Honest Abe, something like that.

Or, how about a coyote???  

If you go with the chief, people who could care less about the chief or the U of I (like me) will not get one.

My .02.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#31]
how about Reagan steppin on Obama's neck and head, clutching an AR, chewing a cigar.....yah i kinda.....oh sorry i was thinking out loud

i like 'silhouette of Illinois with an AR across it'
i think the shape of the state itself is pretty cool.
don't care much for ABE or the Chief
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#32]
personally I like the Moses theme;

Sorry but no cheif for me I do not want to support or associate with a liberal state school (sorry guys) just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Sports mascots are pretty much out. Copyright and all. I think the 'Guns & Moses' was pretty cool!

Forgive me... I'm not from there... what state monuments could be included or adapted?

David
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#34]
How about something that says F*** the FOID CARD with Reagan and all?
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#35]
We seem to be a little lite as far as usable symbols go, don't we?

www.illinois.gov/facts/symbols.cfm

The painted turtle, cardinal or bluegill don't seem to lend themselves to this effort!  Corn or prairie grass?  Nah...

Maybe something with the state seal (it's at least got an eagle on it).  I'd be OK with the Chief, but I understand that doesn't have statewide appeal.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The painted turtle

I like turtles..........
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I second the Honest Abe suggestions.  A bad assed, juiced up Abe!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I like the idea of Moses with holding an AR in one hand and a permit to conceal carry in the other saying "Govenor, Let My People Go"

I also like the idea of the shillouette of Illinois, but if you do that, you should cut the Chicago area or the entire Cook County out of it.  Maybe make Cook County look like a crater or someting.

Just an idea.

Oh, how about a picture of Obama and the statement "Sorry about that America..."

Bob
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#39]
How about an Eastern Tiger Salamander (state Amphibian?) carring an ar15 or an ak or something.

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#40]
how about a old school 1830's militia man with an ak/or ar
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Or maybe a cardinal with an ar in 1 wing and flipping the "bird" with the other.

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#42]
No to the chief.  This isn't a basketball forum.
No to Reagan.  He was a douche as leader of the sag.  He was a douche as the gov. of California.  He was a douche as the president.  He was just a douche.
Let's just leave polititions off the shirt altogether.

I think the moses is great.  The state with crossed rifles would be alright.  How about the son of svenghouli with an AR?  or an obese Chicago cop eating a donut with a caption along the lines of "rely on him or rely on this" with an AR under the caption.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
No to the chief.  This isn't a basketball forum.
No to Reagan.  He was a douche as leader of the sag.  He was a douche as the gov. of California.  He was a douche as the president.  He was just a douche.
Let's just leave polititions off the shirt altogether.

I think the moses is great.  The state with crossed rifles would be alright.  How about the son of svenghouli with an AR?  or an obese Chicago cop eating a donut with a caption along the lines of "rely on him or rely on this" with an AR under the caption.

I guess Reagan wasnt as great as Luke Skywalker huh?
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#44]
So since we don't really have any consensus on state monuments or Abe Lincoln and the silhouette seems to be a recurring theme,  a quick Google search turned up an image I'm kind of liking I found hosted at the IL VFW Ladies auxillary site :-)

Maybe touch it up a bit to make it our own i.e. concept of state outline with  an embedded graphic and slap a couple of ARs on there...
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#45]
height=8
Quoted:

+ 1000
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 1:56:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Not a cardinal.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Bluegill bumpfiring under water???
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 3:44:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Is there any way I could purchase the Florida t-shirt # 2 & #3 in size 2XL
Plaese advise
Thank you
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#49]
How about the Illinois State Flag upside down with a RKBA statement below?  I mean, we are in distress. ....Or something along the lines that the capitol really is in Springfield.
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I refuse to have anything that is linked to chicago on the shirt. but that is just me..

What about the great chicago fire?  Seeing chicago in flames should bring a tear to your eye for one reason or another.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top