Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:54:54 PM EDT
Just wanted to say thank you to loyal local dealers who held fast with pricing to keep loyal customers.

Also a thank you to local gun stores who will transfer weapons from out of state even though they can order the same but don't have them on the shelf.  Had several refuse transfers to encourage buying their special orders for 30%-50% more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just wanted to say thank you to loyal local dealers who held fast with pricing to keep loyal customers.

Also a thank you to local gun stores who will transfer weapons from out of state even though they can order the same but don't have them on the shelf.  Had several refuse transfers to encourage buying their special orders for 30%-50% more.

New Frontier Armory has been great in keeping prices reasonable.  Too bad it has left their stock drained.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a couple of mags before the hype. After the hype, I went in and was going to buy another pair. They raised the prices 100%. Keep in mind, I sorted through the boxes, since the first mag had a weird flaw. The boxes were stacked similar to how I left them.

They raised the prices because they said they just got the mags in and the prices increased from the manufacturer. Now, being a product of public education, I noticed they didn't even bother to remove the old price tag on a couple of the boxes. They put the new tags right over.

I understand the issues with demand and the capitalist mindset, but to lie is another game all together.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a couple of mags before the hype. After the hype, I went in and was going to buy another pair. They raised the prices 100%. Keep in mind, I sorted through the boxes, since the first mag had a weird flaw. The boxes were stacked similar to how I left them.

They raised the prices because they said they just got the mags in and the prices increased from the manufacturer. Now, being a product of public education, I noticed they didn't even bother to remove the old price tag on a couple of the boxes. They put the new tags right over.

I understand the issues with demand and the capitalist mindset, but to lie is another game all together.

They, being....?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also a thank you to local gun stores who will transfer weapons from out of state even though they can order the same but don't have them on the shelf. Had several refuse transfers to encourage buying their special orders for 30%-50% more.

New Frontier Armory has been great in keeping prices reasonable. Too bad it has left their stock drained.

Lock 'n Load sure hasn't.  Over the last six-eight months it really feels like the shop changed a lot.  Just doesn't "feel" the same.  It's led to me making the drive down there a lot less often.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Also a thank you to local gun stores who will transfer weapons from out of state even though they can order the same but don't have them on the shelf. Had several refuse transfers to encourage buying their special orders for 30%-50% more.

New Frontier Armory has been great in keeping prices reasonable. Too bad it has left their stock drained.

Lock 'n Load sure hasn't.  Over the last six-eight months it really feels like the shop changed a lot.  Just doesn't "feel" the same.  It's led to me making the drive down there a lot less often.  

Agreed! Lock n Load had ridiculous prices before the panic, now its gone off the chart. I won't shop there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed! Lock n Load had ridiculous prices before the panic, now its gone off the chart. I won't shop there.

+1. Lock N Load sucks ass. I live 2 miles from them and drive across town for New Frontier

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They, being....?

Yes, please tell.  I don't feel the need to punish dealers just for raising prices, but for what you posted, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Frontier Armory has been great in keeping prices reasonable.  Too bad it has left their stock drained.

"Keeping prices reasonable" and "stock drained" in the same sentence are mutually exclusive.  Economics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

They, being....?

Yes, please tell.  I don't feel the need to punish dealers just for raising prices, but for what you posted, I'll take my business elsewhere.  

I don't mind supporting local businesses. The attempt to force me into backorder status at exorbitant prices when somewhere else in the free market has stock is a problem. I also recognize it's their prerogative to make those kinds of business decisions. Doesn't mean I'm going to boycott them, but I won't be transferring anything through them again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I ride 40 minutes to New Frontier Armory rater than go the 10 or 15 minutes to Lock N Load. Andrew at LnL is a cool guy but the pricing and service could be better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#11]
3 week lead time but these guys are the Israeli manufacturer of steel mags.  They have them in stock but they say they have a massive backlog of orders to get out the door.

EDIT:  2 to 3 months, starting yesterday.  Whoops!  Guess I should have bought when I had the chance.  Serves me right.

ARFCOM discount code gets you 5% off, and free shipping for orders over $99.

http://www.themakogroup.com/category_s/119.htm

Found them in this post in AR-15>New Products
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/590021_Steel_Yourself__The_invasion_has_begun_.html

Hope this helps.  Don't get gouged, out there.

Best,
John Bear Ross
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#13]
So you are saying the manufactures / distributors have raised their prices as well , that wasnt the general feeling I got from the manufactures at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought an Arsenal from L&L in Dec 2010 and had a good experience. Went back last month (pre-crisis) and was ready to drop 2k on a Glock and Ar-15 and got the 'gun store commando' treatment when I asked a question about registration. Never again, I will take my business to NFA from now on (and should have to begin with).
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top