Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 5:29:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking about going one afternoon. I've got a golf tournament to play in all three days but I would like to see what they have. It's billed as the largest gun show / flea market on the east coast. I'm wondering, is it all flea market with a few gun booths thrown in or are there quite a few gun exhibits?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Last time I went, about 5 years ago, they had a whole BIG building with nothing but guns, as well as many vendors outdoors.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you give more info about this gun show. Where, when, cost
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Hillsville, VA.  

The whole "downtown" is turned into a Flea Market.  The VFW building is turned into a Fun Show.  There are several firearms vendors outside the building.  You will see many a redneck toting weapons for sale or trade all over town.

The "all over downtown" flea market is free.  They charge a couple of bucks to get in the fun show.  Good reason to leave "uninterested parties" at the door.

This event draws folks from all across the nation.  I know of several local folks who have reservations for many years to come at local hotels for this deal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I never realized they had that, but it explains the huge crowds and bad traffic I faced when I was in that area once before at this time of year.  I'm going to be in Wilkesboro, NC this weekend so maybe I'll stop by.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I always hear about this fleamarket the day after it happens.

My gunsmith says some cool stuff turn up at this fleamarket.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I got there Sun about noon and walked for hours.  I picked up a range bag and an AR case  for $20 each.  My wife found some good deals on old magazines (the paper kind) and overall we enjoyed it until we got caught in that down pour during the ~1 mile hike back to the car.  Even that wasn't so bad since it cooled us down and my wife's paper was wrapped securely in plastic and stayed dry.  We were there for around 3 hours and saw maybe half of the flea market.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top