Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2010 11:03:05 AM EDT
Planning to take the wife up to the Chattanooga area over Labor Day weekend. Maybe hit the gunshow up there. Any recommendations on good hiking areas near the border? I am not familiar with the area.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
if you're going up that way, check out Cloudland Canyon. Nice hike, and nice waterfalls.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Cloudland for sure.  The new Sitton's Gulch Trial is a beautiful trail mostly along the water bed with some nice small falls.  The rim trail is also a fun time.  We did 14 miles there last October and it was the best state park I have visited so far.  Second choice is the floor in Tallulah Gorge.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont forget you can get a so so hike/walk at Chickamauga Battlefield.  

You could learn more about the War of Northern Aggression.  

Chickamauga Battlefield
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
A nice couple of hours in town is a ride on the incline railway up to the top of the mountain and a walk around the mountain top batle grounds, there are cannons and war monuments to the warriors from the south and the poor enslaved basterds from the north. The park is about 3 blocks from the incline railway.
I saw a thunderstorm roll into the city from the mountain top last week and it was a terrific show.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Signal Point, Edwards Point, Sunset Rock, Raccoon Mtn, River Walk in downtown, Ocoee Whitewater center, Cohutta Wilderness is not too far, Cloudland, Chickamauga Battlefield, Johns Mtn on the way up I-75, Dug Gap Mtn/Pinhoti Trail exit 333....lots of options.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Cloudland was nice - no water over the falls though. Now if I can only get the left knee to work again.
Top Top