Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:15:12 PM EDT
Down in Decatur for the weekend while mom gets her liver biopsied.

Any good fun stores in town?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Down in Decatur for the weekend while mom gets her liver biopsied.

Any good fun stores in town?

Tango,
I can't help you with fun stores but I hope your mom is well!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Tanks Deej.

Just talked to mom's surgeon. Looks like she's got colon CA that spread to her liver. :|

He doesn't think they can cut it out, and her only shot'll be chemo & radiation.

I hate to sound callous, but I had to prep myself for mom's passing when she had her big stroke 7 years ago. Kinda been waiting for 'the other shoe'.

I'm just thankful for the time we've had, and what we have left - however long that is.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry about your Mom.  I know how it is to see loved ones battling disease.  

I'm at ISU right now, in Bloomington Normal.  Maybe you and some of the central IL guys and myself should grab dinner and some drinks.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Was thinking about Texas Roadhouse, but was gonna surprise the wife & take her to Alexander's (? IIRC) in Champaign as a surprise.

Slight change in plans - her Grandma is coming up to watch the baby, so we'll probably have to stay local.

ETA - on the iPAQ, so I'm not as long winded as usual. ;)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Tango7

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Hope she pulls thru.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, she's pretty upbeat, and she's decided to do the rad/chemo  route.

At least if it still gets her, she'll be going down swinging.

Thanks to all for the thoughts n prayers. Will update as we hear further.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Tango, thoughts and prayers with your mom and your family. She sounds strong...and determined....2 things needed to get through the CA battle. God Bless!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top