Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2005 9:40:57 PM EDT
Well fellas,
I got an invite from one of you fine AZ ARFCOMMERs and I was wondering what the job market was for 48 year old teacher types. I have a BSNS(Geology/Biology/Chemistry) experience with at risk and mentally handicapped/autistic children. I shoot straight and tell the truth, am conservative and a hard worker. I spent some time (a week) in northern Utah/Idaho and loved it. What's AZ got going for it?
Hessian-1(starting over, looking for happiness)
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Pro-gun teacher?
Isn't that an oxymoron
I don't know how the job market is but any conservative teachers sure would be welcome in our state.

Kevin
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#2]
CLEVELAND would be good for you!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The school systems in the Phoenix area are growing quickly and from everything I have seen, they are always short on qualified applicants. However, the pay isn't the greatest here, so you will want to compare that against the cost of living.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No Thanks! I just got out of one "Ohio Hell Hole!"
(At the risk of being insensitive,which I always am, according to "her;" her initials were CG!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How about a school in Cashion ??????
He has experence with at risk people, and can shoot straight is a straight shooter.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Tucson Metro and Marana might be good. You might also want to look into the Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind (in Tucson).
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Too close to my work.   CLEVELAND would be best!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Phoenix is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. Move to the outskirts to the north or west as that is the way it is expanding fastest. Since there are houses going up all over, there are also schools going up all over so you should have no problem finding a teaching job and won't have to make the long-ass commute to central phx and back everyday to get to work.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too close to my work.  

As in "in the same time zone" too close to your work ?????

Jay
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Bring guns.  Shoot them.  Vote them.  

That is all.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That is all.

Yup, I'd rather have him than another granola munching, Volvo driving, democrat voting, illegal loving, America hating, liberal!
This state is going to fill up regardless, now the only question is what do we want to fill it with.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too close to my work.  

As in "in the same time zone" too close to your work ?????

Jay

Exactly!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

Yup, I'd rather have him than another granola munching, Volvo driving, democrat voting, illegal loving, America hating, liberal!
This state is going to fill up regardless, now the only question is what do we want to fill it with.

WORD

Out on the west side is nice because the wind usually blows east taking the brown cloud over the rest of Phoenix. I like it here.

North area will get you closer to the mountains.

Casa Grand/Maricopa City area is nice, once it fills in, it will be the connecter that makes Tuscon an outer subberb of Phoenix

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes come on down to Tucson, we need more conservitives down here and look at the Marana area for it's growing like weeds.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Teacher shortages.

They don't pay shit, we are over crowded and housing costs are going thru the roof!

And it's hotter than hell here.

Still interested?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#17]
One in 3 teachers at Buena in Sierra Vista has a CCW.  Very conservative city but Bisbee is nearby and is full of left over Haight Ashbury leftists.  Try Rex Powers at Wickenburg for advice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Just PM me, bro - lots of jobs here in your field, regardless of what these animals tell you

They mean well...  OK, no they don't.    But they will love to have you here!  My uncle is one of the top guys for Dysart school district, and I can get whatever info you need from him.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yes come on down to Tucson, we need more conservitives down here and look at the Marana area for it's growing like weeds.

Not only that, but Tucson has the BEST gunshop in all of Arizona....Jerry's Guns.

You won't be dissapointed.

Sheep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top