Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 8:47:27 PM EDT
Well Fellas I am now back home in NC
I have an interview with the local school system tomorrow at 8:45. Wish me luck & if any of you have any pull with the Man upstairs talk to him for me. I will be coming up to pick up some more belongings this weekend. I'm bringing my 74 year old Dad with me "for support."  At least he will be able to see his grand kids. My wife has told me that she will not be there, (it's for the best) She probably thinks that I don't/didn't love her. Nothing is further from the truth. I just can't hang on to someone who doesn't love me. That's why I came home. I have a "support mechanism" here. I "am somebody" here. For Gods sake, I have a job interview within the first week, with references from the local magistrate! I will really miss the gang and will try to stay in touch. Hopefully after I get settled(off Dads couch) with my own "puter" I can keep in better touch. If anyone is looking to buy an AR I'll have a few for sale(IM me as I don't want to carry the whole bunch of them back up) Once I get settled you guys are welcome anytime!
Later
Hessian-1(Dave)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I hope you get the job Dave. Its a very beautiful place to live so I dont feel tooo sory for you

You'll find solid ground again and I will come visit when you do!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayers sent and I wish you the best of luck Hessian-1. Be careful traveling
back and forth and keep your head high!

I sent you a message, hope it worked.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Best of luck Dave, whatever happens remember we're your friends and you always have a place to visit and be amongst fellow nuts! I expect you to come up to my shoot/fest next year, bucko!!

IM sent about the guns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:51:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck and try to keep a clear mind.  Be carefull traveling.  Those long miles get longer when your frame of mind is negative.

Jeremy

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck Dave!

Glad to hear that your staying upbeat about the whole situation.  If you come thought Cincy on the way up or back let me know and I've got dinner, lunch, a couch/chair for a nap or a bed for the night.

John
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
IM sent about guns as well.   If it works out I could do a relay for swingset if he is in need of it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
you are doing what has to be done for YOU now, dave--nothing is wrong with that

the support network is an important thing--its what brought me to ohio a little more than a year ago

and you know the rest of the story  

good luck--keep in touch  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, Callgirl called me this afternoon:
Some updates:
She's still being civil and offered to help me financially(Damn that's nice of her last I heard Ohio is a community property state!)
She's lost more weight!(Like I care?)
She's still doing what she whats to do when she wants to do it.
I got a wonderful letter of recomendation from my last principal.
I'm still sleeping on Dads couch and most of my stuff is in my Jeep and my Camping trailer.
I'm trying to remain civil and calm and positive.
Friendship is this weekend(I think I'll talk Dad into going to sell some flintlocks)
I talked to my daughter Jessica tonight (got a little misty eyed, I love & miss her a lot!)
I'll find out about the school job the 12th
I have a 2 bedroom apt "on hold" pending the job(It's 3 miles away from the school)
If we agree on everything "it" could be over by Oct 1st.(I'm not thinking this is going to happen but....)
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds good so far. When will you know if you get the job?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
remain civil and calm and positive

say this over and over to yourself--say it at least 10 times before replying to her when shes trying to irritate you

glad to see you sat--keep in touch  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Weekend update
    I spoke to "her" this afternoon(I threw out my lower back and needed "my insurance information.") She asked me to keep her updated and I asked her why she cared. I also told her to ask her lawyer about "community property" (she was not impressed)
    I have been "making it" more or less on my own, sleeping in my trailer, spending time with my Dad, sister and nephew while she is back in Ohio more or less living normal. It is harder every day to remain civil about her trying to screw me out of what is half mine.
    I asked her today "When did it start going south?" She said "Last December." I asked "Was it something I did, said, or didn't do or say?" She said, "I don't know." I said, "How can I change behavour that I don't know is wrong?" Again, "I don't know." She has asked me repeatly "Not to slam her or talk bad about her to my family." I have done anything but that. I don't wish bad on her but I sure wish she would come to her senses! This is not going to be "a walk in the park!"  I still care about her(after 14 years I just don't let go so easy) but I know that it is over.
    After I "got adjusted"(It still hurts but at least I can move now) I went to get my oil changed. While I was waiting I met the most pleasent young lady(PolySci/Crimminal Justice major) We had a most enjoyable conversation. In fact we sat there and talked for 20 minutes after our vehicles were done. Reflecting on the conversation, and what was said I should have asked her to dinner or for a cup of coffee or something but my "dating foo" is weak & I was alittle freaked out!(She was not much older than my daughters but I really could use some interaction with someone other than family IYKWIM! and I don't necessarily mean sexual.)
     I'm heading to Friendship to the Fall Shoot tomorrow. There are people there that have been trying to buy my flintlocks for years.  I think they are going to be successful this year. I can always build more & I could use the money.
     Speaking of needing money I've been expecting a money order this week but it hasn't arrived yet. The person who said they would send it may have lost my address so here it is:
Hessian-1(or you know my name)
361 Grandfather Rd
Banner Elk, NC 28604
If any of you guys(or ladies) want to send me a letter, motivational pictures, coupons for free gas, etc. feel free seeing as I don't have internet access yet.
     To the Millers Gang,  Dad says we'll try to get up next summer. I told him he needs to shoot Pauls 1919.
Sorry for the long post but I don't get on line often
Hessian-1      
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Man oh man. Sounds like your knee deep in hospitality Good luck in friendship. I have a couple things of yours but I have your address now so I can send them back. I'll make my buddy decide this weekend if he wants the casting.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Well guys, I'm on my cousins puter again. I'm still in Dad's driveway in the camper. Friendship was great! I sold a few, bought a few, met a real nice "new friend"(I was supposed to go home sunday but stayed till thursday!) I traded the "dewalt rifle" for new carry piece, a nickeled Colt Commander. I'm still waiting to hear about the teaching job. Several people have approached me about tutoring their kids but it's kinda hard working out of a packed camper. Callgirl & I are still being civil but it is extremely frustrating "being homeless" IYKWIM!
Later
Hessian-1

FWIW Everyone who "owed me has paid up" thanks for the help guys. You fellas are true friends!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Wishing you the best, Dave.  
We were just getting to know you.
It was great meeting you at the "Winter Shoot and Overnight" at Miller's clubhouse.
We'll always have JME's soliloquy to fall back on.

Life takes some strange turns from time to time.
But, I suspect a year from now you will be settled into a routine lifestyle,
and a lot of this frustration will be a distant memory.

Good luck with the teaching job.
Kids need more men like you to take an interest in their development (mentally, and morally).
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wishing you the best, Dave.  
We were just getting to know you.
It was great meeting you at the "Winter Shoot and Overnight" at Miller's clubhouse.
We'll always have JME's soliloquy to fall back on.

Life takes some strange turns from time to time.
and a lot of this frustration will be a distant memory.

Good luck with the teaching job.
Kids need more men like you to take an interest in their development (mentally, and morally).

Hi Dave,
What Leisure_Shoot said.
Especially that "Life takes some strange turns from time to time.
and a lot of this frustration will be a distant memory."
part.

Without getting into too many details or much rhetoric, I'll just say that in my past I've sort of "been down that road" you've recently traveled. I survived it. You will too.
Keep your spirits up, your hopes high, and stay determined, focused, and strong.

You are a smart fella, and I'm sure you realize that the end of this chapter in your life story is perhaps just the beginning of another.

Have a good'n. Look forward to chattin' with ya the next time we meet.

John

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#17]
hessian-1:

i am sorry that i never got to meet you but like i said one time you had the ability to make me laugh, and that is no easy task.

i have been down the same road years ago. where you are now will seem like a bad dream in just a short time.

maybe we will meet sometime......

retdet

J.R.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top