Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:17:32 AM EDT
I am hoping that someone can help me out or point me in the right direction to someone that that may be able to help me. I work for a major video game developer and publisher and we are about to launch a brand new, high profile video game for the Playstation 3. This game with be a “shooter” and we want to make sure that everything about this game is as realistic as possible. From the weapon models to the sounds. We will be featuring AK47’s and M4’s along with many others.  

What we would like to do is meet up with some owners of these types of weapons and tag along for a trip out to a local range. We would like to take pictures, record sounds and hopefully fire some of the weapons ourselves.  

Our company is in Montreal, Canada so the gun laws here are terrible. The closest “major” US city to us is probably Burlington, VT so ideally we would like to stay within a couple hours or so of this area. Also, update (Platsburgh) NY area is good.

Thanks very much.

email ([email protected])
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a major problem, so few of us are allowed to own automatic weapons. The same goes with weapons with less then a 16in barrel.  In my state(CT), it is also illegal to own an AK.

I live in Enfield Connecticut, so you can look it up.  Determine if its to far for you.

I don't have an M4 per say.  I have a carbine though.  My friend's have M4s.  One is a Stag and a Colt.  The Colt in identical to a M4 short of full auto.  I don't think the Stag has the larger handrails of the M4.  The colt also has a nice Aimpoint Red Dot sight.

There is a range on private land I goto a few minutes away.  Its pretty secluded.  I tend to go durning the day as I work 3rd shift.  I've been pretty going every week now that I own my own AR15.  You are more then welcome to send some rounds down range with my rifle.

I'm sure if a few other CT people are interested, we could make a trip to this range without the "rule" of local gun ranges.

later
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you come to CT I can bring my ar-15 "M4 Style" and an HK USP Tactical.
Eric
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the VT Green Mountain Boys machine gun shoot in the summer.They haven't posted any dates yet,but you will find just about any weapon made at that event.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
www.northeastshooters.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top