Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 4:11:29 PM EDT
Hi everybody.

Just got my first AR15 (after wanting one for 11 years) a coupla weeks ago.

Click here for pics & info

It's an "out of the box" Bushmaster M4 with A2 upper - EXACTLY what I wanted!  Didn't want an H-bar, love the telestyle stock, and didn't want the A3 flattop.

Anyway, I shot it for the first time last Fathers day with my dad.  He brought his new Mini-14 and his new .44 magnum also!  (I also brought my stainless Colt .45 auto.)  Great day, great shoot, great weapon!

I'm so proud that I finally own one of these works of art!  And I just discovered THIS "Hometown" forum today!  How cool life is!  hony
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle!  Oh yea, and welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the WA Hometown Forum.

Oh, and a word of paranoia for you... cover those serial numbers up in the photos ;)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Dammit,

I was wondering about the serial number.  OK, I'll update my page.  

By the way, my new AR15 is on my lap while I type this.  (of course unloaded & checked.. often.)

Does anyone else out there feel like I do, which is that the rifle itself is fun just to hold and look at?  The basic shape of the weapon is beautiful to me.  I used to draw AR15's on scratch paper at work.  Just love the shape.  And I'm not a wacko!  (Well, I guess that's all relative now, huh.)

By the way, I live in West Seattle.  If anyone wants to get together just to talk AR15's, lemme know!

Anthony
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:45:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh man, another one of you guys from West Seattle?  ;)  Just kidding.

The serial number thing... perhaps nobody would ever use it for devious purposes, but why risk it?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Just remember that it is a custom around here that the new West Seattleonians buy the old West Seattleonians (and ex-West Seattleonians) the beer at the first gathering!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I usually have a rifle or sword either in my lap or withen reach while I'm on my computer.  For some reason it just feels right. Enjoy your Bushy, they are lots of fun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to be an interloper, but welcome to ARFCOM as well!

Enjoy!

BTW....It's a sickness....I'm up to 5 of them now....

Edited to add, nice resume!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#9]
OK,

As I AM new, and I DO live in West Seattle, with a view of the Alaska/California junction from my window, I will indeed buy any other current resident of this location several beers.  It's my duty right?  Then again, I'd have a buddy to chat about Black Rifles for a few hours, so I consider it to be a bonus for ME!

I live on the corner of California and Erskine.  Rather than escape to Kent or Covington, or North Bend, I'm holding out here in the city I love as a true life-enjoying gun owner/enthusiast.  

Read my signature line to get what my philosophy is!

Anthony
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow you have no idea how close you are to the center of the West Seattle shooting/anti-liberal universe.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]
ah ha! another one who has been biten by the bug!

you know there IS NO CURE for this, don't ya?

this is only the begining.

one day, you'll have more AR's and more mags than you know what to do with. notice i didnt' say "way more than you need".

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the site, Anthony, and congratulations on the first AR.  I'm sure there will be others in the future cause once the bug bites you can't have just one.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow you have no idea how close you are to the center of the West Seattle shooting/anti-liberal universe.

He also had no clue that while this post was being purveyed, arfcom members were in sight, hell in 1911 range, holding a clandestine meeting...

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I like it.

She's beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
"I could stop if I wanted to..." :)

...but I don't want to!

Welcome to the boards!

BRJ
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Very nice!...sorry to chime in so late, but welcome just the same. When you have messed up days off, (Thurs.-Fri.) and you want to head up north to the Great Sultan Basin. Let me know.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Is there any place left to shoot up in the Sultan Basin? With all the white trash people dumping garbage everywhere and shooting everything up, I'm surprised they haven't just closed the Basin off altogether.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Hi!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome. Still waiting on my lower. RRA is too backordered so I'm gonna try to get one through a local on here, Iblis.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome AnthonyJ! Congrats on the first AR. I just finished my second and Have already started my third. The bug defintely got me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He also had no clue that while this post was being purveyed, arfcom members were in sight, hell in 1911 range, holding a clandestine meeting...

I guess MY invitation got lost in the mail!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I guess MY invitation got lost in the mail!

Totally impromptu, VERY expensive, ( about $20 a minute or so, and VERY quick...

You shall be remmebered next time we burn money in West Seattle.......

BTW, you guys need a catchy name for the West Seattle Death Squad..Something like the BDF has...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#23]
We do the WSM:

West Seattle Militia
We Shoot Mullets

Just a few , go ahead and make up some more.

We usually just go by , "heys thats those guys that get real drunk and f*ck anything that walks." "F*ck those a**holes!"
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Is there any place left to shoot up in the Sultan Basin? With all the white trash people dumping garbage everywhere and shooting everything up, I'm surprised they haven't just closed the Basin off altogether.

Give it a few days boomer!

when are we going to see your face?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm hoping to be at Sultan Basin tomorrow, but may get lazy and go to Granite Falls instead.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top