Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 9:41:36 PM EDT
Hello Illonois Hometown Forum from Virginia!

I am just giving a plug for a good friend of mine that has an auto mechanic shop in Des Plaines. Matt is like family to me, and he is an honest guy, so just thought I would give a heads up for anyone in that area that might be in the market for that kind of mechanic (also pro 2nd ammendment). I get no kickbacks for this, though I may have to talk to Matt about that....

Matt runs the shop with his friend Pete. See link below for location and contact info.

If you stop by, tell him James from Fairfax, VA sent you.

http://www.truetechauto.com/2001.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the heads up, If it were closer I'd try him out... too far for me though
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That stinks, he's on the other side of the state from me.

I have a 1995 Mustang (6 cylinder - all show and no go) that I have owned since it only had 5,000 miles on it.  I used that car to take me back and forth from home in Geneseo to: Orion Tool and Die for 3.5 years, Lewis Machine and Tool every day for 4 years...to Rock River Arms and home every day for 3.5 years, to school and home for the last 3.5 years.  It now has 216,000 miles on it and it needs some work.  I have wrecked it 2 times, almost totaling it once....painted it myself 2 times and repaired it (I'm good at bodywork).  The miles on the car are all on original equipment besides batteries, brakes, tires, serpentine belt, plugs/wires and air/oil filters.  It has a new seal in the rear end and shocks/struts...and that's it.  It still has the factory exhaust under it...and I'm not exaggerating or joking.  this has been the best car I have ever owned.

I usually do my own work, but between school and work on my bench, I just don't have any time.  It needs a new clutch and throwout bearing and the top end of the motor rebuilt.  It still gets 21 miles per gallon, but I have been told that there is too much carbon built up on the top end that is sucking up my fuel making the car appear to run lean and sputter on the low end.

If your guy was local, I would be interested in trading services or pay him outright.  I try to give my business to people that support (or appreciate) my own business.

Take care,
Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top