Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 5:23:29 PM EDT
Be heading over to Woodville to help out the In Laws and other persons. Anybody around Livingston know if 190 is open between there and Woodville? Any help in the road conditions would be greatly appricaited.
Thanks!
Dennis
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
please im me as I need to go to zavalla.  Would like to hear about road conditions etc.  I think that my farm house is toast

Howard
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got word from my neighbor that my house is OK.  Lots of trees down everywhere though.  

Howard
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
did you make it to Woodville?

My inlaws live out there and they said that 190 was closed- flooding and trees.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I will be heading that way later this week with two chain saws and other supplies.  Cool front is supposed to hit so it will make things nicer.  Will have to clean out the deep freeze and fridge.  My farm house / reenacting site is out side of Zavall of of 69/63.

Howard
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]
My dad lives 12 miles east of Livingston out FM 1276 toward Big Sandy.  My wife, son, and I rode the storm out at his place and he has a generator.  I left this morning going towards Votaw to get Bush Airport and made it no problems.  My wife left a few hours later and came up FM 1276, to 190, then 59 back to the Cleveland area (Tarkington) and she said there was hardly any traffic on 190.  I can't speak for 190 past FM 1276, but I know my dad's area had alot of damage and it only gets worse towards Woodville.  Good luck in making your way up there.  If your coming from the Houston area, the Cleveland H.E.B had gas for 2.75.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got back from Woodville and it is a mess over there!  190 is open from Livingston to Woodville but 69 south of Woodville is closed to all southern trafic. I was out north west in the Dies area helping with my in laws cutting up trees and fixin fences so the cows will stay in. A word of advice if you are going to cut up trees you need a real saw I am not talking about one you get at Home Depot and Lowes I mean a Stihl or Huskyvarna our a pro model, I have a pro modle Stihl with a 20" bar and it was'nt large enough. I had to double cut most of the trees. These trees are large over there the little saws work great on limbs and small stuff but the big one's need the bigger saws.
I was born and raise in Woodville and lived there most of my life except for the military years(4). And I have never seen it this bad. We where told it would be 30 days before they got power at my inlaws. This is not good because during all this work to clean up my step-father inlaw had a massive heat stroke and stopped breathing and my wife gave him mouth to mouth and brung him back. The medics told him to stay in a cool area and to not do any work fore several days.
Between myself and his neighbor we got the fences fixed and the trees cut up for him. I am sure I will be returning to do more work latter in the week.
There was a fellow on this board who ask me to find out about his place in Zavalla but I could'nt find any good information about his place the people that where up that way was there when it was dark.
One thing about living in the country all the neighbors help each other. And as a family member I felt it was my obligation to be there and do my part. So I guess when the chips are down we all pitch in and help each other.
Dennis
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in Woodville yesterday, Sunday. The damage there was unbeliveable. We were taking fuel to the TxDot maintenance yard there and dropped off a generator set for them. We went on to Liberty by the 69 route, it was tough. They were only allowing TxDot vehicles thru at the time.

Best of luck to you and your family.  fullclip
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#8]
My parents are in ivanhoe and I haven't been able to contact them today.  We have around 40 rental houses in ivanhoe and I know my parents are working like mad to clear some of that shit out, but they're running low on fuel and chain saw chains.  

I'm trying to get them to meet me in beaumont so I can resupply them with more fuel, water, and a generator.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Will be heading off for the golden triangle tomorrow night.  Hoping to make it into the orangefield area.  
Supposedly Bridge City still locked down, but going to go try to check on grandfather's house.

Will post pictures of the area when I return to dallas on Sat/Sun...

EPOCH  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top