Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
I was there last night and as I posted elsewhere, there was no Win white box 223 as of last night. I was wondering, on a long shot, if maybe they brought some out for this sale and stocked it today?

Anybody? Lets here some comments on the sale.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:02:28 PM EDT
Hmmm, doesn't look promising this year.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:27:14 PM EDT
The only box I saw was sitting on my shelf at home.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:33:11 AM EDT
Which white box are looking for?

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I have not seen the 5.56mm white box at bass pro for almost 6 months now! Really disappointing...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:54:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Flyfishing26:

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I have not seen the 5.56mm white box at bass pro for almost 6 months now! Really disappointing...

The white box 223. Q3131
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:22:57 PM EDT
I haven't seen Q3131(a) at any of the MD or VA shows lately, all I've seen for bulk 55 grainers is commercially packed Federal 'American Eagle' and Fed "XM193", both at about $178/1000. I haven't seen anyone stocking it that has advertised it in Shotgun News lately either. Gotta get to a PA show.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:02:15 PM EDT
I didn't go, I got the flyer in the mail and was very disappointed.

I didn't think their prices on shotguns were that great.

And their listed prices for the 'value pack' remmington 45gr JHP .223 round had a higher per round cost than the Remington 55gr FMJ loads I posted about the other day.

Very disappointing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:59:10 PM EDT
As for 223, the best deal I've found in this area is the British Radway green which I bought for $30/150rnd bandolier at the Dulles show. I was hoping to find some at BP, but I guess not.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:23:55 PM EDT
I went. didn't see anything I needed.

What I really wanted was their Big Buddy camp heaters to go on sale. Great for camping but I don't want to pay $80 bucks for one.

As far as ammo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:48:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kingfish:
As for 223, the best deal I've found in this area is the British Radway green which I bought for $30/150rnd bandolier at the Dulles show. I was hoping to find some at BP, but I guess not.

Need to change the thread title . . . .
I had a big batch of the Radway .223 when it was around a few years ago and it ran VERY dirty and "sluggish". Seemed to cycle slowly - didn't eject as far as usual. I was glad when it was gone, must be loaded by the same folks that do Olympic. Maybe it's a better batch this time.
The Radway .308 has been good for the two batches I've bought a couple years apart.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:49:18 AM EDT

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I was just there sat, and they had hundreds of boxes sitting out in front of the guns. but the ones I saw were $4.50 a box
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:23:42 AM EDT
That figures!...

I just called Cabelas and ordered 2k of the SS109.

DAMN YOU BASS PRO SHOPS!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:55:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By skv:

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I was just there sat, and they had hundreds of boxes sitting out in front of the guns. but the ones I saw were $4.50 a box

I think you probably saw the Remington in green boxes
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:57:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eshell:

Originally Posted By kingfish:

Need to change the thread title . . . .
I had a big batch of the Radway .223 when it was around a few years ago and it ran VERY dirty and "sluggish". Seemed to cycle slowly - didn't eject as far as usual. I was glad when it was gone, must be loaded by the same folks that do Olympic. Maybe it's a better batch this time.
The Radway .308 has been good for the two batches I've bought a couple years apart.

I just shot up a bandolier that I got from the Dulles show about 6 months ago and it was very accurate and clean with no problems at all. So this last time, I bought a couple more.
The Olympic green tip, now thats a different story. That was truly THE worst ammo I have ever had the misfortune of buying (in any caliber).
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:09:45 AM EDT
Thanks Kingfish, I'll keep an eye out for some of the RG then. I did like the bandos . . .
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:48:04 PM EDT
I stopped by the BPS today so I could spend some time while my wife looked around the mall. I noticed a few things....

- It seems like some of the staff were hired only for this event based upon the lack of knowledge on ANYTHING including locations of restrooms.

- The Winchester representative was a COMPLETE ASSHAT - could not provide me a single source (Retail/Wholesale) for bulk 5.56mm (Q3131-Longshot I know, but worth a try!) He also could not pry his mouth off of some wanna-be gangbanger and give me some specifics on 147gr. Subsonic Ranger.

To quote "Uhhhh that is restricted to LE agencies only sir, and why would you want a personal defense subsonic round? I know that suppressors are legal in MD, but you would not intend to use it for defense ...right?" (Rolling my eyes...."Hey, I wanted to know what is the product #, not your personal opinion on my intended usage for your product."

Couple this with the usual "Sunday Crowd" at Bass Pro and I was ready to leave in 5 minutes...my wife cannot understand why I do not enjoy stopping in BPS anymore.
Top Top