Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
I was there last night and as I posted elsewhere, there was no Win white box 223 as of last night.  I was wondering, on a long shot, if maybe they brought some out for this sale and stocked it today?

Anybody?  Lets here some comments on the sale.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, doesn't look promising this year.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The only box I saw was sitting on my shelf at home.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Which white box are looking for?

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I have not seen the 5.56mm white box at bass pro for almost 6 months now! Really disappointing...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I have not seen the 5.56mm white box at bass pro for almost 6 months now! Really disappointing...

The white box 223.  Q3131
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't seen Q3131(a) at any of the MD or VA shows lately, all I've seen for bulk 55 grainers is commercially packed Federal 'American Eagle' and Fed "XM193", both at about $178/1000. I haven't seen anyone stocking it that has advertised it in Shotgun News lately either. Gotta get to a PA show.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't go, I got the flyer in the mail and was very disappointed.

I didn't think their prices on shotguns were that great.

And their listed prices for the 'value pack' remmington 45gr JHP .223 round had a higher per round cost than the Remington 55gr FMJ loads I posted about the other day.

Very disappointing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
As for 223, the best deal I've found in this area is the British Radway green which I bought for $30/150rnd bandolier at the Dulles show.  I was hoping to find some at BP, but I guess not.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I went. didn't see anything I needed.

What I really wanted was their Big Buddy camp heaters to go on sale. Great for camping but I don't want to pay $80 bucks for one.

As far as ammo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:48:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
As for 223, the best deal I've found in this area is the British Radway green which I bought for $30/150rnd bandolier at the Dulles show.  I was hoping to find some at BP, but I guess not.

Need to change the thread title . . . .
I had a big batch of the Radway .223 when it was around a few years ago and it ran VERY dirty and "sluggish". Seemed to cycle slowly - didn't eject as far as usual. I was glad when it was gone, must be loaded by the same folks that do Olympic. Maybe it's a better batch this time.
The Radway .308 has been good for the two batches I've bought a couple years apart.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I was just there sat, and they had hundreds of boxes sitting out in front of the guns.  but the ones I saw were $4.50 a box
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]
That figures!...

I just called Cabelas and ordered 2k of the SS109.

DAMN YOU BASS PRO SHOPS!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 5.56mm (@3.99ea)?
Value Packs??

I was just there sat, and they had hundreds of boxes sitting out in front of the guns.  but the ones I saw were $4.50 a box

I think you probably saw the Remington in green boxes
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Need to change the thread title . . . .
I had a big batch of the Radway .223 when it was around a few years ago and it ran VERY dirty and "sluggish". Seemed to cycle slowly - didn't eject as far as usual. I was glad when it was gone, must be loaded by the same folks that do Olympic. Maybe it's a better batch this time.
The Radway .308 has been good for the two batches I've bought a couple years apart.

I just shot up a bandolier that I got from the Dulles show about 6 months ago and it was very accurate and clean with no problems at all.  So this last time, I bought a couple more.
The Olympic green tip, now thats a different story.  That was truly THE worst ammo I have ever had the misfortune of buying (in any caliber).
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Kingfish, I'll keep an eye out for some of the RG then. I did like the bandos . . .
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I stopped by the BPS today so I could spend some time while my wife looked around the mall. I noticed a few things....

- It seems like some of the staff were hired only for this event based upon the lack of knowledge on ANYTHING including locations of restrooms.

- The Winchester representative was a COMPLETE ASSHAT - could not provide me a single source (Retail/Wholesale) for bulk 5.56mm (Q3131-Longshot I know, but worth a try!) He also could not pry his mouth off of some wanna-be gangbanger and give me some specifics on 147gr. Subsonic Ranger.

To quote "Uhhhh that is restricted to LE agencies only sir, and why would you want a personal defense subsonic round? I know that suppressors are legal in MD, but you would not intend to use it for defense ...right?" (Rolling my eyes...."Hey, I wanted to know what is the product #, not your personal opinion on my intended usage for your product."

Couple this with the usual "Sunday Crowd" at Bass Pro and I was ready to leave in 5 minutes...my wife cannot understand why I do not enjoy stopping in BPS anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top