Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:44:29 PM EDT
Has anyone here taken the HSC test? If anyone here has taken the written test, please tell us how difficult the test is.  We would be very appreciated.  I heard that the test is basically base on safety comman sense, right? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have common sense, you will pass it without reading any literature, very, very, very, very, easy test.  If you have no common sense, study the little booklet you can buy for $2.00.
This is not meant to be a slam on anyone who may have failed it!  But I have never heard of anyone failing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't read the manual and got 30/30.

You pass at 23/30.

Don't sweat it, and you can retake the test.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I read the whole booklet like a year ago, and took the practice test with it. The questions were like "You should always store your handgun ______? (A) Loaded (B) Cleaned (C) Unloaded (D) Dirty"

I did it ALL. I was bored.

You can also download it from the DOJ website in pdf format.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You didn't take your test today at the Sportsmans Supply in Campbell did you?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
the test is very easy like everyone has stated, it took me under 5 mins to finish it. but i would suggest that you read over the booklet  just so you are fully knowledgable about safe handling rules, because saftey is paramount!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
The HSC test is EASY and laughable.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone who can't pass the HSC test is dangerously stupid and should be sterilized for the good of humanity.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, i guess you guys are all right! I read through the booklet i download from a site i can't remember and it was very easy.  I guess i was being a little too Paranoid.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Heres the link to the study guide if anyone needs it...

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/hscsg.pdf
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Took the BFSC, now HSC. IMO, not much of a difference if any. Anyone who passed the BFSC test back then, still owns a gun and keep shooting, should have no problem passing the HSC test. The handling test would be a good idea, so someone who heard their friend's comment "1911 is the best gun" don't go and buy a 1911 without fully understand the function of the gun and safety mechanism (I got this funny question: How do I de-cock the 1911 with a round in chamber, that was classic).

Other then that, if you read the book, do the sample test, and still manage to fail the test (Your score <23/30), then you should consider other alternative recreational activities or self protection method instead of owning a handgun. The test is that easy and for the hundreds of test that I have administered since 2003, I havn't got anyone failed it yet.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top