Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 10:32:05 AM EDT
80 yes votes, I was pleasantly suprised.

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that when the Department of State Police fails to act upon an application for a Firearm Owner's Identification Card within 30 days after receipt, or if the application was wrongfully denied, the applicant may seek relief from the circuit court in writing in the county of his or her residence. Provides that the applicant is entitled to recover any costs, attorney's fees, damages, and not less than $100 per day nor more than $500 per day for every day past the 30th day in which the Department failed to act. Effective immediately.

link
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Now lets say it gets passed in the Senate, then....hang on....the gov signs it.

Now he and every anti as reason to try and pass a bill to raise the FOID application fees to cover the cost of the suits.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Now he and every anti as reason to try and pass a bill to raise the FOID application fees to cover the cost of the suits.

Not if they process the FOID cards like they should.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well hopefully the lefties will be more willing to consider eliminating the FOID to prevent the state govt from losing all that extra money on top of the money the program is already losing.  Yeah, that probably won't happen.. but attempting to raise the FOID fees would definitely motivate the thousands of FOID card owners to contact their reps.  What did Blago want to raise the fee to, $500?  Hell, even $100 is too much.  The only way I'd even consider $100 is if it came with a ccw permit for five years.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
     Blago would never sign this into law,but he would press diligently to raise the FOID fees!
We can count on that.They won't eliminate the FOID system because it makes it so much easy to track gun owners.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They won't eliminate the FOID system because it makes it so much easy to track gun owners.

Not really.  Not every FOID holder has a gun.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Blagoshit will never sign it. Never.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#7]
AT work , I have the Tribs.  saying it costs  less than 8.00 , to process it.

Blowgo.

I think he is doomed anyway,    .... Lot of trucking folks, that live here, and the Many ...Firearm builders that are located in this state.   My local Sen. Dahl,  is a collector  , long time.  Owns  Double D,   at least he lends an ear to our plight.

He also does not take a salary fron the state , IIRC.

I think were good to go,  I hope,  .   How many trucking outfits go through the Tolls , write off or not?     Fuel too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top