Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 8:57:39 PM EDT
I just acquired a free floating Knight's Armament RAS, i know it's easy to install it myself but i don't have the tools or the room to do it.

So I'm looking for a gunsmith or an enthusiast in the area to do it for me.

The only stipulation i have is that i have to be there breathing over their shoulder while they do it!  Oh, and they have to Masters at it!

I'm willing to pay the money to get it done right.

I'm in the Montgomery/North Wales Area ZIP= 19454

Please let me know if you know of a good gunsmith that will let me watch while they do it.

Thanks

IM or [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd try Dave Donley at Donley's Guns...  Donley's Gun Shop  He's built three of my ARs.  HE's located in Quakertown about a half hour from you.  Also, you might want to check out The Rally Point.org Board  Lots of PA shooter there and they sponser lots of shoots in your area.

Good Luck,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Dave actually emailed me, he said that i can drop it off but i can't watch him while he does it.

I emailed him back inquiring about cost.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a little far for you but the gun smith there is one of the best in the tri-state area:
www.locksgunshop.com/ (and that is no B.S.)

This guy is scary good and has a very well known reputation and even does
antique finishes and restorations on old Japanese pistols down to the painted
inscriptions, etc..  

I get all my work done there and had him change out a barrel and install my magpul stock and my larue RAS on my m4 there. And he is not expensive. (I think he charged me just under $100.00 .. for that job.  He charges not by the job but by time)
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is a little far for you but the gun smith there is one of the best in the tri-state area:

inscriptions, etc..  

I get all my work done there and had him change out a barrel and install my magpul stock and my larue RAS on my m4 there. And he is not expensive. (I think he charged me just under $100.00 .. for that job.  He charges not by the job but by time)

$100 for an hours worth of work?????
He must do a really really nice job!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

inscriptions, etc..  

$100 for an hours worth of work?????
He must do a really really nice job!!!!! hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:42:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm having Dave put it on, he's only gonna charge me $35 to do it.
Plus I'm gonna get the YHM flip up front from him as well. he's charging $85 for that.
I could get it cheaper online but I'd rather support the local guys then save $13.

I'll post a review of what i think of the workmanship when i get it back.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top