Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 9:53:51 AM EDT
At Independence Firearms outside of Brenham, Tx.  BUT if you drive out, be ready to expect $50 and up aluminum GI mags, $2k bushmaster rifles, $1800 arsenal AK rifles, and pretty much anything else at 2x retail.  F-that.  Never again.  I understand capitalism and don't blame them for raising prices, but that is nuts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I will not pay these prices, but if I owned a gun store, I would do the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I was up there about 10:15 today.  They have a Deputy allowing only a few in at a time.  Some leave, then he let's more in.  From what my in laws said this is probably a good thing.  They said it was too crazy last week.  I spoke with the deputy briefly, he seemed gun friendly.

The store itself had plenty of AR rifles.  I did not see any Bushmasters but it was quite crowded,  the ARs I did see where all priced about $1900.  I saw some MAC 10's that were crossed out $399. And replaced with $799 tags.

There was some guy trying to return a brand new AK and the store refused to take it.  I only heard a short part of the conversation but I gathered that the customer purchased the AK yesterday, went home and tried to cycle the action manually and it "wasn't working" so he wanted to return it.  The gun store said all sales were final.  I wanted to make an offer on the ak, because I suspected it was user error, but I was unwilling to pay what his original price was.

Ammo was in stock and "ok" prices on some stuff. Clearly no good deals, but I didn't really need anything so I was ok with just looking.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
At the $49.99 per mag and $1800 AR built by 'Outdoors Great Time' I'm not surprised they have stock.

Whilst I was there the woman working the register was bitching about the phone ringing. Obviously she is not involved in the running of the store, as to her and a couple of the other staff members, it was like having customers was a pain in the ass and they had a conversation as to that fact in front of the customers.

I'd kill for my store to be so busy I had to employ a deputy to let people in one at a time because it was so busy.

I also overheard the customer with the broken AK as per the above poster, I was directly in line behind the guy when the discussion was going on. The customer service was how shall we say, 'less than stellar'.

I voted with my dollar and just spent $3500 with Wideners.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was up there about 10:15 today.  They have a Deputy allowing only a few in at a time.  Some leave, then he let's more in.  From what my in laws said this is probably a good thing.  They said it was too crazy last week.  I spoke with the deputy briefly, he seemed gun friendly.

The store itself had plenty of AR rifles.  I did not see any Bushmasters but it was quite crowded,  the ARs I did see where all priced about $1900.  I saw some MAC 10's that were crossed out $399. And replaced with $799 tags.

There was some guy trying to return a brand new AK and the store refused to take it.  I only heard a short part of the conversation but I gathered that the customer purchased the AK yesterday, went home and tried to cycle the action manually and it "wasn't working" so he wanted to return it. The gun store said all sales were final.  I wanted to make an offer on the ak, because I suspected it was user error, but I was unwilling to pay what his original price was.

Ammo was in stock and "ok" prices on some stuff. Clearly no good deals, but I didn't really need anything so I was ok with just looking.

yeah ... you've gotta drop the safety first ....

Citabria7GCBC maybe you should have bought that rifle from him ...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I voted with my dollar and just spent $3500 with Wideners.

You mean they had something left ?
I checked Wideners .. looks like they are pretty much sold out of everything....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up i think the Last 3 Pmags at Cypress Armory last week.  35.00 out the door.  I was beyond happy. good people.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I was on the phone with them last week and they were asking $300 for stripped lowers.

Obviously, they're a private company and free to ask whatever prices they want, however, I'm not willing to pay that much.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I checked Wideners .. looks like they are pretty much sold out of everything....

Except M14s and 7.62 ammo so it seems...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except M14s and 7.62 ammo so it seems...

How much?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I still think it's wrong to hike prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top