Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:33:58 PM EDT
Hello,

I used to shop exclusively at Fagan's Sporting Firearms until he closed his doors at some point last year. If anybody has a idea of how to get ahold of him please let me know, otherwise, are there any other shops in the New River Valley that carry paramilitary/AR/FAL stuff, I'm looking for a decent FN FNC or Valmet Model xx carbine since this retarded ARB ended :) Please let me know,

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, the shop doesn't *have* to be in the NRV area. I'm fairly mobile ;)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Fagan is now in school in nc.....hes taking the two yr gunsmith course at montgomery college.......theres another shop in Christiansburg called G AND G GUNS.....he doesnt stock much military type stuff but hell order anything you need.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Roanoke Firearms on Cove Rd in Roanoke (540) 366-9707

They'll order or build anything you want if they don't have it in stock. Good deals on ammo too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I can recommend Roanoke Firearms. Prices are on par with northern VA. I cannot recommend G&G Guns. Substantial markup and poor attitude towards college customers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Why don't you give Kevin McLaughlin over at Tac Ops a call?  I've done business with him for years.  Real standup guy and supports the local RRRC (roanoke rifle and revolver club) IPSC and IDPA matches.  He's at (540) 977-5201.

toast
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Not much to pick from in the NRV, but Roanoke Firearms and Bryansteens are about five minutes apart in NW Roanoke.  I've bought from both, and they both get my approval.  RF has more military/tactical stuff but less stock overall.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Just keep away from the 'old guy' at byranstein's.   Make absolutely certain that he's not the one to install a scope for you.   And if you can help it, don't let him start talking, most of what he says isn't useful, and may not even be on the subject you asked about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top