Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2013 11:13:14 AM EDT
OK, so the place has been open for 4 months now....so what's the concensus?  What needs to be better, what needs to change? What have they got right and what have they got wrong?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i love the range , Randy the owner is a great guy and most of the staff are friendly and looking to help. the manager is a turd and has a bad attitude.  the range is well kept, the cost to shoot in fresh air is very fair.As long as your not killing the walls or ceiling, the staff let's you shoot without being hassled.  The gunsmith is a nice guy and reasonable.  I have not really shopped for much but some of the prices on say Glock mags were way too high .. But i am sure that will all settle down now as the place keeps active. Overall I give it a A.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think its the cleanest, most customer friendly range in Fort Lauderdale. $20 shoot all day, in a TRULY air conditioned range.....is awsome (especially now).
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
it is a great range BUT it has some competition from Nexxus.. the Good thing is that they are on opposite ends of the county  so they really do not affect each other as I like both places..
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 3:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The prices seem to be cheaper than almost any other gun shop near by. Nice range.

I did have a slightly chubby, balding employee go to GREAT lengths telling me about being a founding member of 1st SFOD-D, and other tales of similar fictional magnitude. That alone annoyed the shit out of me, but the shop itself seems like a decent one to me.

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The prices seem to be cheaper than almost any other gun shop near by. Nice range.

I did have a slightly chubby, balding employee go to GREAT lengths telling me about being a founding member of 1st SFOD-D, and other tales of similar fictional magnitude. That alone annoyed the shit out of me, but the shop itself seems like a decent one to me.

Can't remember his name, but one of the employees was apparently in Delta or something similar back in the 80's. He mentioned being a technical advisor on Blackhawk down.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
i know who you are talking about, another blow hard ..
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there today for the first time.  Very nice atmosphere.  All of the staff I talked to were friendly as well.  It was a very enjoyable range trip, and for ~$20, I'll be shooting there more often.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Allowing some 00 would get me in to shoot my 12GA.................
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know if they allow steel cased, when I called the only rule the guy told me was no aluminum cased ammo. Also what is the distance of the range?
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#10]
no steel cased if my memory serves me right..  the rifles side is pretty close if not longer the arizonas range.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Any thoughts on how they could improve?
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Get rid of the guy who claims to be former special op's and have the manager change his attitude..
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Get rid of the guy who claims to be former special op's and have the manager change his attitude..

All I can say is that the guy EXTENSIVELY bragging about being a founding member of Delta, and other unsolicited tales of being a part of many combat deployments/operations under SOCOM needs to be put in check, rapidly.

He's going to shoot his mouth off to the wrong guy one day and its not going to end well. Beyond that,  it reflects a huge character flaw, a cheap attempt at stolen valor and unquestionably unbecoming of any organization that would tolerate that shit. Personally speaking, it won't effect my patronage of the shop, but I'll tell you this, I've got a buddy locally who's been there and done that in respect to special operations, and I'd have no problem taking him in to the shop to "assess" for himself. Frankly it's what the situation deserves.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't remember his name, but one of the employees was apparently in Delta or something similar back in the 80's.

And when I humored the conversation, he didn't know Larry Vickers from Larry The Cable Guy, despite LAV being active in 1st SFOD-D during Operation Just Cause in the 80's.

Link Posted: 6/29/2013 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't remember his name, but one of the employees was apparently in Delta or something similar back in the 80's.

And when I humored the conversation, he didn't know Larry Vickers from Larry The Cable Guy, despite LAV being active in 1st SFOD-D during Operation Just Cause in the 80's.

Now I don't care who you are, that theres just funny!.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They could move to Texas.

How's it going?
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could move to Texas.

How's it going?

Bob!?.....you moved?.....Call me and touch base mate!

Link Posted: 8/23/2013 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]
update... I spoke with Randy the owner about the self proclaimed hero, Randy is well aware if the crap he was spewing and the guy was warned a few times, it did not stop and he was fired.. I do not like seeing someone lose a job, but this guy was a nut job...  Range was clean and comfortable as always tonight..good place to shoot,,
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Clean and generally pleasant, No steel or aluminum cases. I usually load my magazines before I get there but they wanted to see all
my ammo to make sure I wasn't shooting steel. Next time I'll use Tavor or other "window" magazines and see if that keeps them happy.
One of their salesmen spent an inordinate amount of time trying to find the right holster for my wife's Sig, I'm rating that as a plus.
I only live ten minutes from them so that's a plus also.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I watched the staff do pretty much the same with another customer looking at stuff, they are definitely getting better.. I live up the road not even 5 minutes so I am a happy camper .. I was very impressed at a young lady who was at the rental counter when i arrived, my buddies GF was trying different .380's and this young girl had pretty decent knowledge..
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 4:27:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I've never been but this sounds like a range I'd like to try.  Is it crowded?  Is there usually a wait to shoot?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#22]
What is the length of the range?

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the length of the range?  
View Quote

http://gunworldofsfl.com/the-range/

as for crowds, I have never had to wait, but that does not mean it cannot happen..  I would still check it out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Is this the Randy that used to be at the range up on Copans a decade or so ago ?  (Shooters Emporium/Anthony Arms?). He used to come out to Markham and do private one-on-one shooting classes.  Pretty nice guy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I do not think so, this Randy owned a few Gas stations which he just sold.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I shot there once and enjoyed it.  I liked the clean and well lit range, and the fact that there was a sink right as you exit the range.  I also liked how they are friendly to local law enforcement.  The range officer watched me shot off a couple of rounds and after he saw that I was safe and knew what I was doing, he left me alone.  I was free to practice drills such as speed reloads, rapid fire, etc.

The only thing I don't like that I can't shoot aluminum or steel cased ammunition, which I have a lot of because it's cheap.  I pick up my own brass anyways so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I shot there once and enjoyed it.  I liked the clean and well lit range, and the fact that there was a sink right as you exit the range.  I also liked how they are friendly to local law enforcement.  The range officer watched me shot off a couple of rounds and after he saw that I was safe and knew what I was doing, he left me alone.  I was free to practice drills such as speed reloads, rapid fire, etc.

The only thing I don't like that I can't shoot aluminum or steel cased ammunition, which I have a lot of because it's cheap.  I pick up my own brass anyways so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
View Quote

Good to hear maybe have to check it out, FYI you will be hard pressed to find an indoor range that allows steel or aluminum cased ammo
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Good to hear maybe have to check it out, FYI you will be hard pressed to find an indoor range that allows steel or aluminum cased ammo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I shot there once and enjoyed it. I liked the clean and well lit range, and the fact that there was a sink right as you exit the range. I also liked how they are friendly to local law enforcement. The range officer watched me shot off a couple of rounds and after he saw that I was safe and knew what I was doing, he left me alone. I was free to practice drills such as speed reloads, rapid fire, etc.

The only thing I don't like that I can't shoot aluminum or steel cased ammunition, which I have a lot of because it's cheap. I pick up my own brass anyways so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Palm Beach Shooting Center

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shot there once and enjoyed it. I liked the clean and well lit range, and the fact that there was a sink right as you exit the range. I also liked how they are friendly to local law enforcement. The range officer watched me shot off a couple of rounds and after he saw that I was safe and knew what I was doing, he left me alone. I was free to practice drills such as speed reloads, rapid fire, etc.

The only thing I don't like that I can't shoot aluminum or steel cased ammunition, which I have a lot of because it's cheap. I pick up my own brass anyways so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Awesome, didn't think there were any in the area, I sometimes sneak a few mags of steel cased into another range I go to and make sure I pick it up along with all my brass
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Awesome, didn't think there were any in the area, I sometimes sneak a few mags of steel cased into another range I go to and make sure I pick it up along with all my brass
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never had any issue at PBSC with steel cased ammo. Obviously steel core is out, but I take my AK's there all the time and shoot steel cased exclusively. Hell, they sell steel cased range ammo. Nice group of guys there too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
update... I spoke with Randy the owner about the self proclaimed hero, Randy is well aware if the crap he was spewing and the guy was warned a few times, it did not stop and he was fired.. I do not like seeing someone lose a job, but this guy was a nut job...  Range was clean and comfortable as always tonight..good place to shoot,,
View Quote

He'll probably wind up at Markham alongside that li'l round "ex reserve SEAL" twat RO.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He'll probably wind up at Markham alongside that li'l round "ex reserve SEAL" twat RO.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don Shipley is on to that clown already...
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I went in the store to check it out about a month ago. Staff were very pleasant and eager to assist. The store was in immaculate condition and well stocked.

I need to check out the range next time
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Ira, did someone report Mark to Don Shipley?  That literally would be epic.  I wish I was down there to see the look on his face.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ira, did someone report Mark to Don Shipley?  That literally would be epic.  I wish I was down there to see the look on his face.
View Quote

That is what Don was telling me, he then googled the various threads and was building up a case to go after him. this was last month before his current SEAL experiances classes started..
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I do have a suggestion for gun world.   Dump the Saturday banker hours. I showed up there at  6:15 Saturday to test fire a new gun I just bought off someone & it was closed. Wound up at revere because nothing else was close.  Would have gladly spent my $ at gun world if it was open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top