Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 7:51:01 PM EDT
Was thinking of going to the gun show in WPB this weekend see if I can pick up some bits and pieces for my SEBR (whenever that arrives).

Anyone know if they have a lof of good AR stuff at these shows or would I be better off just shopping around the web?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a feeling that demonic beast in your avatar is frightening everyone and preventing them from responding to your post.

Good Doggy.

I'll be there Saturday morning to buy Night Sights for my G17.

Depends what you're looking for. Pretty good prices on USGI Mags and SureFire Weapons and hand-held lights. Ammo will be rediculous as will ARMS products.

TangoDown gear prices aren't too bad.

It would take a miracle for me to come home with a new firearm tomorrow.
I'll be cash heavy and highly skeptical.

HS1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This show typically has more vendors w/ black rifle stuff, than in Ft. Lauderdale.
I'll be there for the same.
Seth
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]

I'd love to go but just can't bring myself to do it.  Once I start working again, I'll feel better about going to the fun show.  

If anyone needs to hire a computer technician, help-desk tech, network operator, in the Treasure Coast region (Stuart area) then let me know so I can start planning firearms purchases again.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ammo is ridculous?  I take it that is ridiculously expensive.  That's a shame that was one of the things I was after.

Well I could use a TangoDown vertical foregrip and fancy an Ergo grip.

I am also looking fo a Harris bipod, so if I don't see one there I will order from Midaway when I get home, they have good prices on Harris right now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there, i've got a list of about 15 things I need to pick up .
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got back from the WPB Show and all I can say is.......................................................................

What a huge friggen waste of time.

500 rounds XM193 $135
Ontario M9 Bayonet $225
Best deal I found was a Pentagon X3-HA for $79.99

In fairness, there was a dealer selling Bushmaster Complete rifles for $865 and Glocks for $469.

I went specifically for Night Sights for my G17. Meprolight and Ameri-Glo only.

I'll try Miami tomorrow, against my better judgement.

HS1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Agreed, I went first thing, came out 50 minutes later with nothing.  Complete rifles  -they had tons of them, but accessories?  Nothing.

Their magazine and ammo was way overpriced.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure, leave it to this show to make a liar out of me!
There were way too many non-firearms related vendors there.
Is this going to become a crafts show or what?
Most of the regular AR vendors were a no-show, however I did manage to get a Rock River
2-stage trigger for $95.00 and (2) like-new Harris bipods for $20.00 each (now that's a deal).
Maybe next time I'll find a deal on a floated 4-rail handguard.
N2OGV

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn!  Never saw the bipods - came home and ordered one from Midway!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sure, leave it to this show to make a liar out of me!
There were way too many non-firearms related vendors there.
Is this going to become a crafts show or what?
Most of the regular AR vendors were a no-show, however I did manage to get a Rock River
2-stage trigger for $95.00 and (2) like-new Harris bipods for $20.00 each (now that's a deal).
Maybe next time I'll find a deal on a floated 4-rail handguard.
N2OGV

Quoted:
Damn!  Never saw the bipods - came home and ordered one from Midway!!

Dammit! I didn't see any Harris' but ton's of other Bipods.

Just tell me it was the little old lady selling the wildlife t-shirts who sold them to you.

HS1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got back from the WPB gun show, I was disappointed in the lack of AR-15 related items and accessories.  I was hoping to pick up some Break-Free CLP in bulk but nobody there had any CLP.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just got back from the WPB gun show, I was disappointed in the lack of AR-15 related items and accessories.  I was hoping to pick up some Break-Free CLP in bulk but nobody there had any CLP.

Wal-Mart always has spray cans of BreakFree CLP. Atleast the two near me.

HS1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wal-Mart always has spray cans of BreakFree CLP. Atleast the two near me.

HS1

All the Walmarts that I know of in my area don't sell any guns or gun related accessories at all .
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#14]
There were actually two guys selling miscellaneous stuff, when I noticed the first S-L Bipod,
and then I noticed his buddy had a BR Bipod. 40 bucks later, I was a happy camper.
N2OGV

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top