Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 11:26:28 AM EDT
Anyone take the gun safety class required for regulated firearm purchases?  Is there much difference between the classes offered by police/sheriff departments and private organizations?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone take the gun safety class required for regulated firearm purchases?  Is there much difference between the classes offered by police/sheriff departments and private organizations?

I took it at a gunshow I went to with eshell, was like $7 and basically just watching a video, and you get a little card you put in your wallet.  Not much to it, basically a video on weapons safety.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't consider the video to be a 'real' gun safety class - but it for those w/o DD214s it fufils the law's requirement.

If you just want to fufil the requirement take it wherever it really doesn't matter.

If you really want to lean about firearms safety - seek out the NRA sponsored courses, they have ove 130 years of experience in the field.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The video is stupid, I saw the guy cross himself with the gun at least twice, and the legal part is basically ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

10 minutes at a gun show or 8 hours(I have heard) at the sheriff's office.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#5]
A lot of the dealers show it in their stores.
I know Barts Sports World, Valley Guns, Scott's Gunsmithing and Ottos Police Supply have it.
The 15 minute version that allows you to purchse.

Like Forrest stated, it is good for someone new to take the NRA course.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top