Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 2:49:27 PM EDT
A new Titan!!!

(Guess what JohnnyEgo's getting for New Years?  Monthly Payments )

Gone are the days of the Tactical Minivan.  I thought about getting a Honda Element after seeing Burney's, but got distracted by this instead:

Nothing overly special.  It does have power adjustable pedals for the little woman, and a rear sonar system so I don't crush lesser vehicles.  After driving it around the mall parking lots today, I wish it had a front and side sonar system as well.  It comes with a 38 gallon gas tank, so when the initial courtesy fill runs dry, I'll really feel the joys of ownership.  

This is my first brand new vehicle ever.  Bought it through a work program that was very convenient and relatively hassle free.  I'm very excited.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice congrats.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
NICE! But that bed looks really looooooooonnnnggg!

I just bought my 1st new one too, an '07 DCab Tundra.
Yeah... have fun with that gas issue. I feel your pain.

David
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an 05 Armada and have had a heck of a time with the ABS/stablity controls. The dealer finally changed out the ABS valves after 3 trips and it has been fine for over 1k miles. It sucks that I had to threaten lemon law to get them to fix it. Otherwise I love it.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
congrats.  are you left-handed?  if not, you have your ARFCOM sticker on backwards...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
congrats.  are you left-handed?  if not, you have your ARFCOM sticker on backwards...

I'm afraid I don't quite follow you.  If one were to be pointing an AR at the person behind them, is this not what that person would see?  If I pull my BCG out of any of my guns, this appears to be the orientation of the bolt when looking directly at it.  Then again, I can look at the Gun Gallery parking lot and see several examples of blatantly wrong orientation, so anything is possible.  

Diverter - Yup, 14 MPG sucks.  Literally, it sucks out all the gas as well as the balance in my checking account at an alarming rate.  The bed does look long, but oddly enough, it's the exact same size as the Dodge Ram SLT - 6'4".  Weird optical effect, I suppose.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Does the direction matter?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
the way I envision it, you'd put the sticker on the window in the same manner as if you made an impression of the bolt face on the glass, in which case the extractor would be on the right.

but I understand what you mean about the way you have it being the "business end perspective."  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice looking truck.  My 2007 Dodge Ram-2500 w/the Cummins Diesel, and a 35 Gallon tank sucks $116.00 from empty to full about every 8-10 days.  I so feel your pain, bro.  Nothing like owning a truck though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#9]
hehe

my bad ride gets 7 MPG.

my way of stickin it to da man    
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]
mine is on the same way, but I am left handed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice truck Otto.  We'll miss your tacticol Van though
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nice truck Otto.  We'll miss your tacticol Van though

I'll miss it as well, although the new work van has those flip & fold seats, and doesn't send everyone running to hide their guns and/or children like the big white panel van did.

Incidentally, tonight I was looking down at my new truck from my office when the little woman wandered in to enforce bad movie night.  She took one look at me staring at my new truck and said "You're going to become such a redneck."  To which I replied, "Baby, I've always been a redneck.  I'm just coming out of the closet."
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Once you get used to driving a truck, you won't wanna go back. After driving all sorts of cars for years, when I got my F150, I'll never get rid of it. As for the gas, it's not as bad as it seems. You just gotta kinda don't look at the pump as it's pumping.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#15]
SWEET!

I can't believe the van is gone.  Damn, that thing was cool in it's own right.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice Truck!!

What is that behind the left rear wheel?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
secret compartment.

Not anymore.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
O.K. I did it to diveriter so it is only fair...

When you mix the gas whats the rice to gasoline ratio?

Mike
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
O.K. I did it to diveriter so it is only fair...

When you mix the gas whats the rice to gasoline ratio?

Mike

it's easy....20# bag of rice in tank...then fill the rest with gas.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Having looked at the price of gas and the equivalent volume of rice, I sincerely wish I could fill it up with Uncle Bens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top