Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:13:57 AM EDT
Just reported on the radio -- 2nd-string Governor Gregoyle signed a bill repealing the parking fees for State Parks!

It doesn't go into effect until some future date, but parks will stop collecting fees immediately.  So Enj0y!

Pack up the fam-damily and head on out to your favorite State Park.  You won't get a ticket!  And don't worry about tipping the Rangers -- They are there for YOU!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
They didn't say!   I'm guessing state government just got that much more efficient when they gave benefits to same-sex partners!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!!

Now we no longer pay to use parks that we as taxpayers own.

BTW: Isn't there some unused monorail money laying around somewhere?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

But how does that get paid for?

< This is not me talking official like, it is what I got out of a radio interview put into my own words.>

They were overcharging in the first place, as soon as they put the fee into action the amount of people that would visit dropped so low that it cost more money to run the program and to write the tickets for violating...

They are still getting their money with lic. fees from fishing, hunting, and space rentals at the camping grounds, this is only the  parking fee they are dropping.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#5]

I think they are still some $millions short.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think they are still some $millions short.

I was reading something a couple of weeks ago where they are going to sell some of the land the they stole from citizens for a nice little profit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
You got to pay to park in the State parks system, huh, I thought you just cut the chain and lock and 4wheeled right back in.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You got to pay to park in the State parks system, huh, I thought you just cut the chain and lock and 4wheeled right back in.

ummm

That is DNR land dude..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#9]
R-32
Team Member

Post Number :: 10771

WA, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

ummm

That is DNR land dude..

Oops my fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top